GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHO HAS SEEN A PICTURE OF THE GAMECUBE!!!!! I'm sorry but OH MY GOD!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/08/00 at 21:17
Regular
It's like a large bluish ice cube!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Tue 12/09/00 at 17:55
Regular
Note: Big Brother started a few weeks back.
Time taken to make decent game on average: Few years.
Point made. Same goes to Tomb Raider, two games in a year, God.
I did want Mel to go, actually, I think shes a bit shh.
The tiny DVDs are so cool, they are about the same size as a mini-disc.
By the way, the Jaguar was once the most powerful machine. The what? I hear you cry...
Exactly.
Mon 11/09/00 at 22:35
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Someone wrote the other day that the gamecube was going to use mini DVds, like the tiny cds that can be bought, is this true? it will probably be on EDGY's web page but I havn't got it in me to go and look at it. THE PS2 BOX DOESN'T LOOK ALL THAT BAD!!!!! why does every put it down, it's not the most powerful machine in the world, but when it comes out it will be! but then when the gamecube comes out it will be the most powerful console, but then....the X-Box will make a show and gain the title of the most powerful console in the world!! they might appeal more to little kiddies, but whatever it's not the outside that matters, it's the inside that you buy, but only get attracted to the ouside, but when you buy it, it's in a box and you can't see the console!! aaaahhhhh i'm going on about loads of CR@P!!!!

did anyone want Melanie to go??? I wanted Craig to leave, I really want him to loose!!!! ah ha!! has anyone seen clips of the new Big brother game on the PLAYSTATION???? who would have guessed it, the games coming out on the PS!! what a surprise, if there had been a vote for what console the majoraty of votes would have gone to nintendo to have bought this game out, i'm sooooo surprised that Sony bought it!! hhmm,
Sat 09/09/00 at 22:06
Why is everyone saying how ugly the gamecube is? it's a good,solid shape, not too bulky and doesn't look like it will fall apart at any moment.And personally after all the grey/blackish consoles purple makes a nice change!Have you looked your N64/dreamcast/psx lately? especially the N64, which has strange corners,a nasty colour and is pretty boring.And really, does it's appearence matter. whats the use of a good-looking console with crappy games?what would you do just sit for hours admiring the thing?If nintendo come up with good quality, and frequent games, I say they're onto a winner.
Finally Pokemon snap rocks!I know this isn't the right topic but what the hell. it's aimed at kids maybe, but I'm over 18 and it's still the most fun game in ages.
Sat 09/09/00 at 21:19
The Game: It is going to be released in Silver! IT's going to be released in Silver, Gold, Purply-blue, Pink and black.

First ever console to be released with a choice of more than one colour!
Sat 09/09/00 at 14:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Yeah, my first impressions were the same but if they produced silver or metal consolesofthe same shape it wouldn't be that bad!....

I think that Nintendo should have got some fan feedback on the design but then again it wouldn't be a secret would it...

anywayI am gonna get one and I look forward to the release of the new Mario and Zelda....mean while....

..........WHERE IS MY MARIO TENNIS!
Fri 08/09/00 at 19:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
A shoebox? Come off it. I don't see any problem with it. And I don't really care about what it looks like.
Thu 07/09/00 at 21:09
If you check out www.smartgroups.com/groups/Nintyrules you'll find that I posted news on there about all the best bits so far about Nintendo Gamecube!

It mentions all the colours and the fact that it is the first console in gaming history to be released in more than 1 colour!

Also, going back to a previous reply, this will not be just a kiddies console! If you look at the detail of the Zelda demo you'll see it doesn't just appeal to kids. Anyway, shouldn't games appeal to kids- they decide the future of gaming by buying and using all the new consoles of their time!

The N64 wasn't a kiddies console! It features great games like Goldeneye, Duke Nukem Zero Hour, Zelda, Perfect Dark (all these involving violence!)
Thu 07/09/00 at 16:57
Has no-one seen the Game Cube in different colours? It comes in purple, gold, silver, pink(urgh...) and black. Oh, and the PS2 looks like a shoe box.
Sat 02/09/00 at 11:51
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
This is what I like about Nintendo! they don't follow suit, they don't care about street cred, they care about excellent gameplay and the best poossible game for their customers, all the cuddly cartoon games were very difficult to complete, and Zelda just happened to be one of the most popular games on the market! if the games were the same as ony's, then they would be copied, for example, if another resident Evil game came out on Sony then Nintendo would get it, Sony can't copy Zelda because it's too advanced and needs different graphics, I like having a little difference, my mates have a dreamcast and a Sony(two different mates) and they have some of the same games, and they go home and complete a mission while the other one is on holiday, then when he comes back he tells him where to go, and where to get all the special items...etc, etc. I have my N64 and they can't tell me how to complete the missions because they havn't played the game and it's definatly not on their console, so they couldn't rent it out and learn it, I hope you get my point, it's boring to copy, if your unique you get more STREET CRED.
Fri 01/09/00 at 20:36
I am afraid to say the new Nintendo gamecube will be a kiddies console, which will be host to loads of cutesy platformers featuring adorable characters. If Nintendo want to beat sony then they will have to get some street cred and appeal to the older gamer. Ways to do this would be for the cube to be DVD playable from the start. Or have a main character who either has breasts or isn't a 3 foot plumber who fights big lizards to save his plant friends in a mushroom kingdom. Also what will he games be called, I mean Zelda cube is not to appealing so hopefully theywill just stick with the simple yet effective Zelda. The shape of the console will have to change too, or Nintendo should just team up with tomy and call it 'My first console' that would take the wind out of Sony's sails for sure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.