GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Transfer Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/07 at 15:52
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Just a place for transfers and transfer rumours.

So far:

Scott Parker - West Ham
Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves - Man Utd
Sidwell, Pizzaro - Chelsea
Muntari - Portsmouth

That's all I can remember, except Leeds have released Sullivan and Crainey. Apparently Villa have bid £7m for Reo-Coker, although why anyone would want him in their team, i'll never know why.
Sat 23/06/07 at 16:00
Regular
ohhh I hate it when I am right. Still 16M is not enough for henry.
Thu 14/06/07 at 15:41
Regular
How about £20,000,000 for Arsenal and a deal worth almost £3,000,000 a year for him. Good enough reason?????
I would walk to barca for that money
Tue 12/06/07 at 20:35
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
I can't see Henry going to Barca a team he said he thought cheated so why would he. I think arsenal are going to with the premiership this season honestly. The young players will gel and it will all come together.
Tue 12/06/07 at 16:33
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I'd still be very suprised if Thierry Henry went to Barcelona, what would be the point? He signed a new contract at the beginning of last season and was injured for most of the season, so what would be the point of leaving now and not leaving to the team that had just won the Champions League?

What the hells going on with the Joey Barton transfer? There just had to be controversy with that transfer. Apparently there's a compensation clause if Barton gets arrested, very sensible of Allardyce.

Liverpool have been suprisingly quiet, and representitives have come out and said there not going to be throwing away money, i.e. making a lot of expensive signings, can';t see Benitez being happy with that. They won't be title contenders with players like Crouch and Pennant in the team and until they get a regular top class goal scorer.
Tue 12/06/07 at 12:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
hehehe oh dear, the one man team are losing their one man, mid table obscurity awaits :-D
Tue 12/06/07 at 10:41
Regular
Well you will be happy to know that senderos seems to be on his way to spain. I really dont understand what happened to him. There was a time when old sol was injured and he played brilliantly as cover.
The talk of Thierry Henry going to Barca is even more detailed now. Apparently he has signed a preliminary 3 yr deal worth 10M to him.
God i hope not.
Mon 11/06/07 at 17:04
"LOLLERSKATES!"
For me what Arsenal need is a player who does all the 'ugly bits' of football, much in the mould of a Gattuso and a Hargreaves, a defensive midfielder usually. Funnily enough, I believe you have/had this player in your squad... Julio Baptista. The reason he was at Madrid is because he was a brilliant defensive midfielder for Sevilla, yet Real Madrid felt the urge to play him up front :S and so has Arsene Wenger. Looking at the Arsenal team (this may not be 100% accurate) I see:

1. Lehmann
2. Eboue
3. Gallas
4. Toure
5. Clichy
6. Hleb
7. Fabregas
8. Gilberto
9. Rosicky
10. Van Persie
11. Henry

Now, for a start, Lehmann is a good goalkeeper, but is getting on a bit, and is very blunder-prone. Fabainski may be promising, i've seen him play, but he's only 22 I think, and he's certainly not a top four calibre goalkeeper at this stage, I always thought of him as being a good backup goalkeeper.

Eboue, Gallas and Toure are fine in defence, you've got the attacking nature of the right-back Eboue, and two solid centre-backs in Gallas and Toure. Obvioulsy we didn't see much of a Gallas/Toure central-defensive partnership last season due to numerous injuries in the left-back position. Clichy however is a problem, he's a good enough left-back, but someone like Baines or Dede (Borussia Dortmund) would really complete a top quality Arsenal defense.

Midfield, they're all too similar players for me. I think Hleb is fine on the right, he's a good player but likewise with Rosicky on the left, he isn't really a winger, he hasn't got pace to burn like Ronaldo at Man Utd or Wright-Phillips at Chelsea. Sure, he's a good passer of the ball, but he's got no pace really. And pace is key. Now there's no porblem with having Hleb, but you need a fast left winger to accompany him, but in Rosicky you've got a more skilfull player but who is primarily in the same mould. I don't rte Gilberto, I think Arsenal need a better defensive midfielder if they're playing a 4-4-2, and Fabregas is more of a central midfielder than an attacking midfielder. However, in Van Persie and Henry when they're both fit you've certainly got a very good striking partnership with plenty of goals within them. While many people believe Arsenal need a defensive midfielder, they've got one in Diaby, but I believe Arsenal need a fast winger who can cross (Vicente at Valencia?) and an attacking midfielder in the middle (Someone like Messi, although these are obviously hard to come by, but Wenger has a tendency to pluck out these sort of players). However, the biggest problem has to be the squad depth, what depth you have in your squad is young and inexperienced, and in Senderos' case.. Rubbish!
Mon 11/06/07 at 16:53
Regular
And just as i was talking about getting experianced players in it seems that portsmouth , or "little gunners" as i like to call them, may make a bid for ljungberg...... wicked. To sum up. Possibly 5 of arsenals most experianced players may quit in the summer and all we have signed is a third string, 20 year old polish keeper. Its alright to buy people to nurture when you have the experiance, look at united this summer, but we have tons already and need a week in week out great player or even 3 to start to catch up. WE ARE DEAD when we head to old trafford next season
Mon 11/06/07 at 15:51
Regular
I am a bit surprised too. Ribery had said he wanted to go to spain or England. I heard that Arsenal had a £15million bid turned down and we wouldn't match the £17million paid by munich, despite Ribery saying he would rather come to us than Bayern.
Maybe Henry will stay this year but I really think we need to do something really special if we are to keep him past the end of this season. I am very worried that, despite being given a huge transfere kitty of reportedly close to £50million, wenger still seems to think he can conjour experiance out of the air. WE NEED SOME MORE EXPERIANCED PLAYERS.
Mon 11/06/07 at 13:36
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Yeah, Ribery went to Bayern, which suprised me a bit really. Henry isn't going anywhere I would think, if he wanted to leave I think he would of after the Champions League final.

Apparently all the big clubs are after a wonderkid called Pato.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.