GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ahhh help! What should I do! :S"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/03/03 at 19:06
Regular
I have a stupid pet cat and she went out hunting as usual and brought in a pigeon! It was totally alive but it couldn't fly and has one mangled leg :S I tried to put it outside but the cat just went up to it again since it could move, I tried to put it on my bedroom window sill but it just rolled of and I had to quickly catch it!:S After that I held it in my hands with my hands wide open and it still wouldn't fly off after about 10 minutes. It just kept cawing and breathing heavily. I put it in an old cage with some bird seed and water for now but I'm not sure what to do. I can't keep it as it's a filthy dirty pigeon (female as it's light grey) and I'm not sure if a vet could do anything. All the vets will be closed by now anyway so even if it's the best idea I wont be able to get it there until tomorrow when it's dead:S Anyone with any ideas could you please reply.
Sun 30/03/03 at 21:12
Regular
"Hmmm....."
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> DébUK wrote:
> I am a tree hugging hippie now
>
>
> GET HIM!!!!
>
>
>
>
> ;)

(HER!) Is there really such a shortage of females on this forum?
Sun 30/03/03 at 21:08
"slightlyshortertagl"
DébUK wrote:
I am a tree hugging hippie now

GET HIM!!!!

;)
Sun 30/03/03 at 21:07
"For the horde!!!!"
If it can't fly then it's a goner, our cat did that years ago and it was in a bad way so we took it to the vet and he put it down.
Sun 30/03/03 at 21:07
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Cubist wrote:
> DébUK wrote:
> Excellent, I hope all goes well. I like animals, they are so much
> better than humans ;-)
>
> Yeah, you don't see Pigeons blowing each other up with nukes....I have
> seen them eat dry rice before which has the same effect but still:D

You speak the truth! Nature is cruel, but we are supposed to be superior, so we should try our hardest to help animals (Goodness, I am starting to sound like a tree hugging hippie now arn't I?)
Sun 30/03/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Also, if it is hyperventilating when you go near, perhaps you could cover the cage with a cloth so that it can't see you- that way it should become more relaxed :-)
Sun 30/03/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
DébUK wrote:
> Excellent, I hope all goes well. I like animals, they are so much
> better than humans ;-)

Yeah, you don't see Pigeons blowing each other up with nukes....I have seen them eat dry rice before which has the same effect but still:D
Sun 30/03/03 at 21:02
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Excellent, I hope all goes well. I like animals, they are so much better than humans ;-)
Sun 30/03/03 at 20:59
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I have put it in an old bird cage with some wood chips on the floor, water and some bird seed I had. It's in the garage right now were my cat can't get to it and it's reasonably warm. It was shocked but it seems to have calmed down although it does hyperventilatewhen people go close. Hopefully this will stop by the morning.
Sun 30/03/03 at 20:56
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Oh please! Why are people so cruel??

If the pidgeon is still alive, line a cardboard box with an old towel or cloth and put the pidgeon in the box in a dark, warmish place. Make some holes in the box so that it can breath. If it survives the night, take it to a wildlife sanctuary or the RSPB. If you wanted to, you could buy some pidgeon seed from a pet store (it is quite cheap.) The main problem is shock, I would be surprised if it doesn't die of the shock- just give it some dignity by making it comfortable.
Sun 30/03/03 at 20:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ice that mofo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.