GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh My GAD!!! (What will you pick next?)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/12/01 at 13:27
Regular
An analysis of GAD winners' choices over the last 2 months dcwhen selecting their prize for Gameaday and Extra Gameaday has produced some interesting figures:

10 winners chose:
Grand Theft Auto 3

6 winners chose:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Pro Evolution Soccer
WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It

5 winners chose:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

4 winners chose:
SSX Tricky
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Devil May Cry

3 winners chose:
007 Agent Under Fire
Pokemon Stadium 2
Gran Turismo 3
Mario Kart Super Circuit

The remaining winners chose from amongst 41 other assorted titles as varied as Microsoft Train Simulator, Paper Mario, Klonoa 2 and F1 2001.

So Grand Theft Auto 3 clearly is the discerning choice of the GAD winner, with Xtreme Sports and of course footie making up the majority of other selections.

Will this trend continue? Or will MGS2 start to take priority in gamers' minds and storm up the chart? Will Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance ever be picked as a GAD? Will more than just one winner select Return to Castle Wolfenstein now that its virtues of gaming goodness are being extolled in the forums?

What are you thinking of getting for your next GAD?
Tue 04/12/01 at 13:43
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Your Honour wrote:

> Just write, enjoy the chat/discussion here and see what happens.

Or post a bunch of cheats....
Tue 04/12/01 at 14:10
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Well, to be honest I posted a lot of stuff over the weekend as I was trying to
> make up for lost time (I've been away playing Legend of Mir for about a
> month.)

But as with most GADs I won for posts where I wasn't actually going
> for it. The Browser Games one on the 27th was just a straightforward reply to
> another post, but because I loved the topic I waffled on at length. After I'd
> won for it I read what I'd written again and noticed that it was pretty fluent
> and no typos, so maybe that's the secret.

The HeadHunter Review that I won
> for yesterday, again, was a game that I had been meaning to write a review for
> for ages but because I've been playing it so much I never got around to it, so I
> posted it the same day as my GTA3 review that I'd been working on, and which I
> thought was a better one. The GTA3 review didn't win, but the HeadHunter review
> did.

So I figure the knack to winning is just to write as yourself and hope
> for the best. I gave up trying to win GADs ages ago when I realised that it was
> more fun trying to get my views across to other people and hopefully engender a
> passion for gaming in them that is as strong as my passion for gaming. (Except
> for the Extra GADs, they are usually fun and challenging and I'll always have a
> go if I think there's a chance of winning).

Winning twice in a short period
> DOES look odd, but it's not that unusual. It's only happened to me personally
> twice, and last time it was during the Charity Appeal so the kiddies at Great
> Ormond Street benefitted from my run of good fortune. (I'm still trying to
> break a leg every time I go to London...)

Thank you for replying FantasyMeister - I now understand everything. This reply you posted is the best reply I have ever received from anyone - thank you. Everything was stated clearly and now I undertsand exactly why you win on GAD regularly. Congratulationss FantasyMeister.

Oh, by the way...I see that you have chosen Dark Alliance for your GAD prize - wicked choice my friend...GOOD ONE!
I hope you have read my Dark Alliance review which was made last Friday. I thought you would appreciate that review since you like games such as, Baldur's Gate and The Legend Of Mir.

See you later dude.

Your m8,
Street Fighter
Tue 04/12/01 at 14:12
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Your Honour wrote:
> FM is right in a way.

I hadn't won for ages, but then won twice in a week -
> with a couple of posts that I just thought would be a good idea to write.
>

One was a game idea based (kind of) on a manic weekend I'd had (it was a
> mates 21st birthday). And the other was about humour in games. I just realised
> there weren't many funny games about, wrote a few things down, and it
> won.

The best way is not to try to win.

Just write, enjoy the
> chat/discussion here and see what happens.

Another good point by Your Honour
Tue 04/12/01 at 16:29
Regular
"  "
i would get jak and daxter
Tue 04/12/01 at 16:58
Regular
SSX Tricky
Tue 04/12/01 at 17:28
Regular
"*Plonk*"
I want more dreamcast stuff...
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:05
Regular
"Whatever!"
Splashdown - PS2 - I want it but I dont want to buy it!!
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:09
Regular
""
Actually I'd like Delta Force 3.

=B0p
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:14
But that can be picked up real cheap now.
Tue 04/12/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Mattyboy wrote:
> Splashdown - PS2 - I want it but I dont want to buy it!!

Very well-put there Mattyboy.

I want it but I don't want to buy it - It's like you read my mind. But on the other hand, I would not choose it as a GAD prize. A GAD prize gives you the chance to choose a £45 title, proving you want it of course. In regards to Splashdown, I would wait until the prize tag drops to £20 or £25. After all...they are always a few shops here and there, where you can try the games out every once in a while - Funny, I never take advantage of them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.