GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh My GAD!!! (What will you pick next?)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/12/01 at 13:27
Regular
An analysis of GAD winners' choices over the last 2 months dcwhen selecting their prize for Gameaday and Extra Gameaday has produced some interesting figures:

10 winners chose:
Grand Theft Auto 3

6 winners chose:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Pro Evolution Soccer
WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It

5 winners chose:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

4 winners chose:
SSX Tricky
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Devil May Cry

3 winners chose:
007 Agent Under Fire
Pokemon Stadium 2
Gran Turismo 3
Mario Kart Super Circuit

The remaining winners chose from amongst 41 other assorted titles as varied as Microsoft Train Simulator, Paper Mario, Klonoa 2 and F1 2001.

So Grand Theft Auto 3 clearly is the discerning choice of the GAD winner, with Xtreme Sports and of course footie making up the majority of other selections.

Will this trend continue? Or will MGS2 start to take priority in gamers' minds and storm up the chart? Will Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance ever be picked as a GAD? Will more than just one winner select Return to Castle Wolfenstein now that its virtues of gaming goodness are being extolled in the forums?

What are you thinking of getting for your next GAD?
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:43
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Not until they [SR] get their pricing system up and running or something.
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> You can't chose GCube games

I believe Grix Thraves chose Metroid for the Gamecube as one of his GADs a few months ago.
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:57
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Honestly! They [SR] were telling a regular (can't remember who) he couldn't pick one!!! Double-standards huh. Oh well, still want Advance Wars.
Mon 03/12/01 at 14:01
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
You can't pick GC games, that's why I said if I could. You used to be able to choose them but SR decided a few months ago we coudn't until they were in the database.
Mon 03/12/01 at 14:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
SR said that will stop offering Gamecube games as GAD prizes until closer to the Gamecube release.
Mon 03/12/01 at 14:17
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> SR said that will stop offering Gamecube games as GAD prizes until closer to the
> Gamecube release.

Correct, as they are unsure of the pricing and some other issues, apparently.
Mon 03/12/01 at 15:13
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I've been really lucky winning a few GAD's so I already have GTA3, agent under fire, smackdown 3, metal gear solid (pre-ordered), pro evolution soccer.

I think I would have to pick Tony HAwk 3 next,
Mon 03/12/01 at 15:15
Regular
"Back in black"
Well I am in need of some GAD's for my sisters Christmas presents.

Mario Party 3
Paper mario
Mon 03/12/01 at 15:34
Regular
what would you pick FM..when (its not really a question of "if" is it) you next win?
Mon 03/12/01 at 15:55
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:

"I believe Grix Thraves chose Metroid for the Gamecube as one of his GADs a few months ago."

Really, FM, call me Grix. I don't mind. :0)

I've got either three or four Gamecube games now. They stopped allowing them as prizes because they don't know how much they cost.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.