GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh My GAD!!! (What will you pick next?)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/12/01 at 13:27
Regular
An analysis of GAD winners' choices over the last 2 months dcwhen selecting their prize for Gameaday and Extra Gameaday has produced some interesting figures:

10 winners chose:
Grand Theft Auto 3

6 winners chose:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Pro Evolution Soccer
WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It

5 winners chose:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

4 winners chose:
SSX Tricky
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Devil May Cry

3 winners chose:
007 Agent Under Fire
Pokemon Stadium 2
Gran Turismo 3
Mario Kart Super Circuit

The remaining winners chose from amongst 41 other assorted titles as varied as Microsoft Train Simulator, Paper Mario, Klonoa 2 and F1 2001.

So Grand Theft Auto 3 clearly is the discerning choice of the GAD winner, with Xtreme Sports and of course footie making up the majority of other selections.

Will this trend continue? Or will MGS2 start to take priority in gamers' minds and storm up the chart? Will Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance ever be picked as a GAD? Will more than just one winner select Return to Castle Wolfenstein now that its virtues of gaming goodness are being extolled in the forums?

What are you thinking of getting for your next GAD?
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:09
Regular
""
If I won I would pick Super Smash bros Melee.

=B0p
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:19
"period drama"
i wanted GTA3, but they wouldn't let me cos' i ain't 18.
so i got spyhunter instead (still hasn't come yet).

i'll probably pre-order FF10 or MGS2 if i win again.
or get THPS3.
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:26
Regular
unless you are under 15 then you wont be able to get tony hawk or metal gear
now that would be shameful!
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:28
"period drama"
THPS3 ain't a 15 is it?
why?
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:34
Regular
yes it is
cos of the music containing "lyrics you may find offensive"
and the blood n stuff
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:37
"period drama"
OMG!
i am not getting it now.

i do NOT want to offended by scary lyrics.

and the blood? my god, i'll faint at the sight of it.

take it away! lock it in a dark room!
this stuff is not fit for our computers!

BOO! TONY HAWK IS EVIL!

(the rating people go a bit over-the-top sometimes don't they)

: )
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:54
Regular
Microsoft Train Simulator is really cool. No, really. It is. Honest.
Tue 04/12/01 at 12:47
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I know I should not add this post to this particular topic FantasyMeister, because I know it has nothing to di with it, but still...

I believe you won on the 27th November, then you win, again only a few days later. The same goes for many others on the site. Some people think that I am doing very well, but I don't quite see how that's possible. Okay...Ihave won twice in almost 2 months that I have been here. I submitt reviews everday, not to mention posts and cheats, including hints. Everyone loves my reviews, and without doubt, so do I.
Please don't take me the wrong way...I am very glad to see that everyuone is hapy winning all the time, but twice, even three times withing a week - that's a bit over the top, is it not?

Once again, please do not take me the wrong way.
Congratulations, and honestly hope you win a lot more, and the same to everyone else at GAD, but in moderation of course.
The same goes to myself as well.

Thanks FantasyMeister.

Best Wishes.

ps - My next GAD prize would have to be WipeOut Fusion, no question about it. I would choose Jak & daxter, but I allready have discount vouchers for it. The Getaway is another great anticipated title that I would love to have, but it looks like they are delaying it for the 50th time now, since the game has to be perfect and all.

Anyway,. have a great day FantasyMeister. Hope to hear from you soon. Take it easy dude.
Tue 04/12/01 at 13:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Well, to be honest I posted a lot of stuff over the weekend as I was trying to make up for lost time (I've been away playing Legend of Mir for about a month.)

But as with most GADs I won for posts where I wasn't actually going for it. The Browser Games one on the 27th was just a straightforward reply to another post, but because I loved the topic I waffled on at length. After I'd won for it I read what I'd written again and noticed that it was pretty fluent and no typos, so maybe that's the secret.

The HeadHunter Review that I won for yesterday, again, was a game that I had been meaning to write a review for for ages but because I've been playing it so much I never got around to it, so I posted it the same day as my GTA3 review that I'd been working on, and which I thought was a better one. The GTA3 review didn't win, but the HeadHunter review did.

So I figure the knack to winning is just to write as yourself and hope for the best. I gave up trying to win GADs ages ago when I realised that it was more fun trying to get my views across to other people and hopefully engender a passion for gaming in them that is as strong as my passion for gaming. (Except for the Extra GADs, they are usually fun and challenging and I'll always have a go if I think there's a chance of winning).

Winning twice in a short period DOES look odd, but it's not that unusual. It's only happened to me personally twice, and last time it was during the Charity Appeal so the kiddies at Great Ormond Street benefitted from my run of good fortune. (I'm still trying to break a leg every time I go to London...)
Tue 04/12/01 at 13:18
Regular
FM is right in a way.

I hadn't won for ages, but then won twice in a week - with a couple of posts that I just thought would be a good idea to write.

One was a game idea based (kind of) on a manic weekend I'd had (it was a mates 21st birthday). And the other was about humour in games. I just realised there weren't many funny games about, wrote a few things down, and it won.

The best way is not to try to win.

Just write, enjoy the chat/discussion here and see what happens.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.