GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh My GAD!!! (What will you pick next?)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/12/01 at 13:27
Regular
An analysis of GAD winners' choices over the last 2 months dcwhen selecting their prize for Gameaday and Extra Gameaday has produced some interesting figures:

10 winners chose:
Grand Theft Auto 3

6 winners chose:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Pro Evolution Soccer
WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It

5 winners chose:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

4 winners chose:
SSX Tricky
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Devil May Cry

3 winners chose:
007 Agent Under Fire
Pokemon Stadium 2
Gran Turismo 3
Mario Kart Super Circuit

The remaining winners chose from amongst 41 other assorted titles as varied as Microsoft Train Simulator, Paper Mario, Klonoa 2 and F1 2001.

So Grand Theft Auto 3 clearly is the discerning choice of the GAD winner, with Xtreme Sports and of course footie making up the majority of other selections.

Will this trend continue? Or will MGS2 start to take priority in gamers' minds and storm up the chart? Will Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance ever be picked as a GAD? Will more than just one winner select Return to Castle Wolfenstein now that its virtues of gaming goodness are being extolled in the forums?

What are you thinking of getting for your next GAD?
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
An analysis of GAD winners' choices over the last 2 months dcwhen selecting their prize for Gameaday and Extra Gameaday has produced some interesting figures:

10 winners chose:
Grand Theft Auto 3

6 winners chose:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Pro Evolution Soccer
WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It

5 winners chose:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

4 winners chose:
SSX Tricky
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Devil May Cry

3 winners chose:
007 Agent Under Fire
Pokemon Stadium 2
Gran Turismo 3
Mario Kart Super Circuit

The remaining winners chose from amongst 41 other assorted titles as varied as Microsoft Train Simulator, Paper Mario, Klonoa 2 and F1 2001.

So Grand Theft Auto 3 clearly is the discerning choice of the GAD winner, with Xtreme Sports and of course footie making up the majority of other selections.

Will this trend continue? Or will MGS2 start to take priority in gamers' minds and storm up the chart? Will Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance ever be picked as a GAD? Will more than just one winner select Return to Castle Wolfenstein now that its virtues of gaming goodness are being extolled in the forums?

What are you thinking of getting for your next GAD?
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I would get GTA3 because I really want it. I'm a conformist you see.........
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:30
Regular
4 games I got were in that list, GTA3, PES, DMC and THPS3......

So when I say to you all that the next game you should claim is either A) Jak and Daxter or B) Baldur's Gate, thou should bow down and worship........
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:30
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Advance Wars.
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:31
Regular
"I confused?"
I think that after a number of winning GAD reviews have been written, then no one else can win a GAD on that topic otherwise we can end up with a thousand reviews on one topic and none on the others.
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:31
Regular
"not dead"
I wonder if SHEEPY will post that something fishy is going on, because someone called GTA3 keeps winning.

And no, I will never let him forget that, it's too damn funny.
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:33
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
lol
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:38
I am not the least bit surprised that GTA3 is that popular. It is a great game.

But, I do expect that nearer the release of MGS2, it will become an insanely popular choice for GAD.
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:41
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I would get Pikmin if I could choose it..
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:42
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
You can't chose GCube games

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.