GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire Brigade Strike "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/11/10 at 12:44
Regular
English_what where've you been
Fri 19/11/10 at 13:05
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I have just watched the video and got very little from it in terms of actual detail. It was the same old stuff, arguments over who is to blame instead of getting the point across.
And Snow nailed your guy right away. "Reckless and cynical". He can argue that he didn't want strikes but that didn't stop it being organised quite deliberatly at the worst possible time.
Fri 19/11/10 at 13:01
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
You "did" it (with regards to the 12 hour shift)...try doing it for a 40-years, because that is how long the average fireman is going to have to work now.

The link to you tube is Jon Snow on national news, so yeah...real low key.
Fri 19/11/10 at 13:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm a (currently unemployed) administrator/teacher of a computer course for the elderly though I'm looking to do something else some time in the near future. The 12 hour shifts I was referring to was as security when it was taking me 2 and a half hours to get home and kitchen assistant, where it was around 90 minutes. The first ended because it was a ludicrous situation for me and the 2nd because I was seriously ill. In both situations you either get on with it, or you find something else to do, which is what I did.

Pandemic wrote:
Do you want me to link you to it on you tube?

I laughed and I shouldn't because this is a serious matter. Youtube is an irrelevance as far as news. If it happens to be a video of something on TV than fair enough but I didn't happen to see it and going by public opinion, neither did anyone else.
I haven't watched the video yet by the way but even if it backs up your point, the fact is not enough people saw it.
Fri 19/11/10 at 13:00
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Pandemic wrote:
Nin wrote:
[i]Pandemic wrote:
[i]But that unfortunately is politics, and that is why you need to listen to what the people and workers are saying.

If your reps have been saying anything then we haven't been hearing it.
.[/i]

Do you want me to link you to it on you tube?[/i]

Although Matt Wrack doesn't come across well on this, here it is. Factor in that the union then turned up the the meeting agreed on live TV and Coleman didn't...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS7ysdhXFfg
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
I do however agree with what you said about the union and brigade being self serving
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Nin wrote:
Pandemic wrote:
[i]But that unfortunately is politics, and that is why you need to listen to what the people and workers are saying.

.[/i]

Do you want me to link you to it on you tube?
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Huzzah. 1 minute
Fri 19/11/10 at 12:59
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Seriously...what do you do for a job?
Fri 19/11/10 at 12:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pandemic wrote:
But that unfortunately is politics, and that is why you need to listen to what the people and workers are saying.

It really makes me mad when people say it was bad of us to threaten a strike on bonfire night.

Say what now?
You think that threatening to strike on one of the most dangerous nights of the year, putting peoples lives at risk is acceptable? It isn't, not by a long long way.

We have worked to our contracts for many years and now out of nowhere we have been told we are to be fired for simply not excepting new conditions. Well I'm sorry, but no. That's not how it works.

That is the reality of any job. Things change and you either adapt or you get out of the way.
Fri 19/11/10 at 12:58
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pandemic wrote:
Also, when you wrote this, do you have any idea why we are striking?

I'd heard vagueries but essentially no details, because your union reps were more interested in mud-slinging than actually getting their point out there for the public to listen to. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.