GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire Brigade Strike "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/11/10 at 12:44
Regular
English_what where've you been
Fri 19/11/10 at 13:10
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Nin wrote:
Pandemic wrote:
[i]No the feeling was to go ahead with it to show just how bad the cover that had been paid for (12M) was, but it was cancelled at the last. I PERSONANLLY never thought it would go ahead, but others did.

Risking peoples lives to prove a point. Do you think that's acceptable?[/i]

Are you even listening to what I am saying? No, I don't. I didn't want stike. How about the brigade risking peoples lives by saying they can cover with 27 machines and that we aren't needed?
Fri 19/11/10 at 13:09
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Nin wrote:
Pandemic wrote:
[i]Are you kidding me? There are people that have been firemen and served the public for 25 years and they have now been told... "yeah...thanks for that, but either you sign this or you have no job"...

You are looking from a very young point of view

We're going to keep going in circles with this. You either think it's worth continuing and you take the offer, or you've had enough and you find something else to do. You're looking at it from a very old point of view if you're thinking that the "job for life" mentality exists anymore.[/i]

Yeah..damn me for wanting to be a fireman for life. To help people. To serve...damn me.
Fri 19/11/10 at 13:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pandemic wrote:
No the feeling was to go ahead with it to show just how bad the cover that had been paid for (12M) was, but it was cancelled at the last. I PERSONANLLY never thought it would go ahead, but others did.

Risking peoples lives to prove a point. Do you think that's acceptable?
Fri 19/11/10 at 13:08
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pandemic wrote:
Are you kidding me? There are people that have been firemen and served the public for 25 years and they have now been told... "yeah...thanks for that, but either you sign this or you have no job"...

We're going to keep going in circles with this. You either think it's worth continuing and you take the offer, or you've had enough and you find something else to do. You're looking at it from a very old point of view if you're thinking that the "job for life" mentality exists anymore.
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Nin wrote:
Pandemic wrote:
[i]But to be frank that is the whole point. They threatened to strike at the worst time to point out just how poor the brigade's stand in (that cos 12 million) was!

If we were to go on strike now, it would have an effect, however if we threaten to strike on the most busy night of the year...you must get why they did that?

I get that you did it to make a point but you were seemingly willing to risk peoples lives to do it and that's not right, whatever way you look at it.
If you're trying to say that it was a bluff and you were never going to go ahead with it anyway... well what good did it do? You didn't get what you wanted and you turned the public against you. Whichever way it goes, you guys need to seriously look at your PR[/i]

No the feeling was to go ahead with it to show just how bad the cover that had been paid for (12M) was, but it was cancelled at the last. I PERSONANLLY never thought it would go ahead, but others did.
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Nin wrote:
Pandemic wrote:
[i]You "did" it (with regards to the 12 hour shift)...try doing it for a 40-years, because that is how long the average fireman is going to have to work now.

And just like me, that is your choice. You have free will, you can either accept the offer or you can walk away and do something else.
You're well within your rights to negotiate but there is a point where it stops being negotiating and starts being blackmail.[/i]

Also, you say negotiate, but when you are threatened with the sack, that is not that anymore. That is bullying.
Fri 19/11/10 at 13:06
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pandemic wrote:
But to be frank that is the whole point. They threatened to strike at the worst time to point out just how poor the brigade's stand in (that cos 12 million) was!

If we were to go on strike now, it would have an effect, however if we threaten to strike on the most busy night of the year...you must get why they did that?

I get that you did it to make a point but you were seemingly willing to risk peoples lives to do it and that's not right, whatever way you look at it.
If you're trying to say that it was a bluff and you were never going to go ahead with it anyway... well what good did it do? You didn't get what you wanted and you turned the public against you. Whichever way it goes, you guys need to seriously look at your PR
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Nin wrote:
Pandemic wrote:
[i]You "did" it (with regards to the 12 hour shift)...try doing it for a 40-years, because that is how long the average fireman is going to have to work now.

And just like me, that is your choice. You have free will, you can either accept the offer or you can walk away and do something else.
You're well within your rights to negotiate but there is a point where it stops being negotiating and starts being blackmail.[/i]

Are you kidding me? There are people that have been firemen and served the public for 25 years and they have now been told... "yeah...thanks for that, but either you sign this or you have no job"...

Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pandemic wrote:
You "did" it (with regards to the 12 hour shift)...try doing it for a 40-years, because that is how long the average fireman is going to have to work now.

You're well within your rights to negotiate but there is a point where it stops being negotiating and starts being blackmail.
Fri 19/11/10 at 13:05
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
But to be frank that is the whole point. They threatened to strike at the worst time to point out just how poor the brigade's stand in (that cos 12 million) was!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.