GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 3: What's in your garage?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec'.
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:34
Regular
Following a psychotic gaming episode where I wiped my two 8MB memory cards of all game saves and started from scratch again, I've just started Gran Turismo 3 (for about the 4th time).

This time my aim is to get 100% completion (something I've never achieved before due to those damn dirty Licence Tests) and collect some F1 cars along the way.

Have any of you actually 'completed' 100% the whole game? If so, how long did it take? (Without using cheats).

And what's in your garage? At present all I've got is the Toyota Trueno Sprinter and the MX-5(J), but hey, I only started this morning.
Thu 03/04/03 at 20:38
Regular
"  "
I got about 85% complete, and I also completed Concept fully. In my garage are about 70 cars. My fave in my garage is the LM Honda S2000. Such a fast cornerer. The Polyphony cars are also a blast! My fave car out of both PS2 versions of GT though is definetely the Red Bull Audi TT!
Thu 03/04/03 at 17:08
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Couldn't agree more with you there. I've used Play alot more than I use SR for the simple fact....MONEY!

Think I'll be ordering that double pack tonight :D
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:49
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
most recent example - House of Dead 2 on PC (came out last month) Play.com £4.99 inc delivery, SR £9.99 - explain that one SR.

The two pack memory card for £24.99 is a steal. I got them a few weeks ago.
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Play are great, I've ordered from them loads of times, always very prompt and usually cheaper than SR !
Thu 03/04/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Good idea, only trouble is....I need another memory card :(

Think I might go and order one actually, my first one from launch day is just about full.
Thu 03/04/03 at 15:26
Regular
Hmmmmm, think i might start Gt3 again on another memory card. Dont wanna delete my old file after doing all those endurance races...
Thu 03/04/03 at 15:20
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Mr No Name wrote:
> take a look at racing-line.org and compare some of your times

Ooops, haven't been there for ages ;)

I think I've managed to get about 70% completed in GT3 but then as always another game comes along and it's off playing that.

I think I've got about 60 - 80 cars in my garage, haven't looked at it for ages but I'd say one of my favourites is the Mazda 787B :)

I might even dig this out and have a blast tonight, I've still got a few races to complete, mostly endurance which can get a bit boring.
Thu 03/04/03 at 09:36
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I have completed 100% twice without cheating, think it takes about 8 weeks of a few hours each day solid gaming from start to finish. I've about 140 cars, some of my sadder friends are trying to get all cars in all colours !

GT3 has the highest replay value of any game out there, only criticism is Time Trial 10 (Complex String in the Porsche) what a nightmare, took me 4 days to beat the 4.49.xxx time but I do now have an Xport replay from some guy in the States who has done it in 4.38.xxx so it can be done !

take a look at racing-line.org and compare some of your times
Wed 02/04/03 at 21:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I have plenty of cars including the F1 rip-offs.

But out of all my cars I reckon my favourite is my Audi S4, it's jet black and also has black chromed alloys, oh, and it has 500+ BHP under the bonnet aswell.

It's not my fastest car but it gives me a decent challenge when I race. Those F1 cars just make the races boring.
Wed 02/04/03 at 19:06
"period drama"
Nothing.
GT sucks.
All night, all day long.
All year round.
For eternity*

And you all smell

* Well, until they get some damage on the cars

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.