GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 3: What's in your garage?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec'.
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:34
Regular
Following a psychotic gaming episode where I wiped my two 8MB memory cards of all game saves and started from scratch again, I've just started Gran Turismo 3 (for about the 4th time).

This time my aim is to get 100% completion (something I've never achieved before due to those damn dirty Licence Tests) and collect some F1 cars along the way.

Have any of you actually 'completed' 100% the whole game? If so, how long did it take? (Without using cheats).

And what's in your garage? At present all I've got is the Toyota Trueno Sprinter and the MX-5(J), but hey, I only started this morning.
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:27
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Well my 2 x 8mb memory cards turned up and so far I've done 1.5% and haven't even bought a car yet! Plus I've just realised that I've lent my copy of GT Concept out to a friend so looks like I'm stuck just doing the licences until I get it back :(
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Go and play it.....you know you want to :D

If my memory cards have turned up today then I'll be trying out the scheme I thought of in previous post below :)
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:02
"Uzi Lover"
Bah, I've been reminded of how much I was enjoying Gran Turismo and then left it to gather dust while I played soemthing else. Too much of a regular thing with games these days for me that.

I want to go down and play it properly but no. I must do this Homework/Coursework, or maybe both.
Tue 08/04/03 at 13:32
"...Unicef pennies.."
the matrix fan no 1 wrote:
> how do u get the speed 12

You have to complete the TVR Tuscan Championship, and it is one of the 4 prizes available.

SO the easiest thing to do is save after the penultimate race (pref 10pts ahead of the nearest rival) and then reload this save until you win the speed 12.

It's available from an endurance race too.

Jive wrote:
> Just thinking about that TVR and showboating, what would be really
> good was if they included in the tracks a massive test area with
> different surfaces that you could just throw the car around instead of
> trying to do that on a track.

Yes, this would be cool!

Or a car park full of cones. that would be good. just doing doughnuts and the like!
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:45
"welcome to the real"
how do u get the speed 12
Mon 07/04/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Just thinking about that TVR and showboating, what would be really good was if they included in the tracks a massive test area with different surfaces that you could just throw the car around instead of trying to do that on a track.

Get that back end hanging out :)
Mon 07/04/03 at 16:36
"...Unicef pennies.."
Favorite car is probably the TVR Cerbera Speed 12, with TCS and ASM set to zero.

*Absolutely Useless* for competitive racing, but for showboating with Tiff Needell style sideways action it can't be beat.

Requires a feather touch on the ol' accellerator though...
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:49
Regular
"  "
Ah, I found the licenses easier than on previous editions. :)
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:50
"welcome to the real"
ive done about 50% but ive got the 2 formulae 1 racing cars
i cant do the s licence tests
Fri 04/04/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Hehe...just realised, there's a great way to cheat on GT3.

Complete GT Concept so you've got the 10 mil credit option available.

Start GT3 again and save the game.

Revert back to GT Concept and use the 10 mil transfer option.

Backt to GT3 and Voila 10 mil smackeroonies sitting in your bank to play with :)

I might just try that when my 2 new memory cards turn up :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.