GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 3: What's in your garage?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec'.
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:34
Regular
Following a psychotic gaming episode where I wiped my two 8MB memory cards of all game saves and started from scratch again, I've just started Gran Turismo 3 (for about the 4th time).

This time my aim is to get 100% completion (something I've never achieved before due to those damn dirty Licence Tests) and collect some F1 cars along the way.

Have any of you actually 'completed' 100% the whole game? If so, how long did it take? (Without using cheats).

And what's in your garage? At present all I've got is the Toyota Trueno Sprinter and the MX-5(J), but hey, I only started this morning.
Tue 15/04/03 at 21:25
Regular
I got a nice story for you.

Started off one day i bought myself a nice Esprit, decided to max it out, played around with gear ratios and at 1008bhp managed to get my first car over 400kmh. Well please with myself i wanted to transfer it onto my other GT3 save, so i did the file share thing and time trialed it on my other GT3 save. The exact same car managed a pathetic 360kmh. Someone stole my 40kmh!!!!! damn them to hell mr ps2 fairy guy who stole it. grrr
Tue 15/04/03 at 00:20
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Ahahaha!

Dya gerrit?

"Whats in *your* wallet?"

But wallet replaced with garage.

Genius!
Tue 15/04/03 at 00:18
Regular
I am told I have only two brain cells, but even I think that was a stupid thing to say. Its so insanely obvious that he didn't just mean cars, and reading down below I'd guess that most people understood that!
Sun 13/04/03 at 10:52
Regular
Erm, cars were in my GT3 garage last time I checked.
Sat 12/04/03 at 22:47
Regular
Yeh, I haven`t been around so much lately thanks to exams, an increasing workload and general laziness preventing me from using the spare time that I have to actually doing something.

As you say, GT3 is a game that takes time to finish, and at times the challenge can seem boring, but if you keep at it, things can be very rewarding. Even on a 100 lap endurance race, you can find ways to keep yourself interested - see how fast a lap you can do, how slow a lap you can do, work out pit stops, play with opponents cars, and obviously take as many breaks as you like, you don't *have* to do it all in one go.

Anyway, enjoy trying it again!
Wed 09/04/03 at 23:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i think its time to whip it out again in this indifferent period of gaming for me.
Wed 09/04/03 at 23:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
[havent seen you in a while ssxpro... well...ever.]

i loved the game but the license tests ruined it. :(
i did about 60% then it was onto the next game.

my fave car was this golden merc i think. it was classy and when it was suped up it was bril for acceleration but atroscious for max speed. toyota MR2 is a good starter offerer.
Wed 09/04/03 at 23:17
Regular
Ah, oops, and the point of the topic (sorry) it took about 60 hours at a guess, but it may have been less. Its hard to judge how long when there are so many endurance races. It may have been nearer 80 thinking about it!

One thing that sped it up a lot though was that I did it with a 100% win ratio. I admittedly did lose a couple of races at one point when I was trying things with the wrong car, but I reset on those occasions. If you can go through winning every race like that though it greatly reduces the time taken to complete it. If you win championships with a few silvers here and there, you just have to do it again.

As for the garage, as I said, all but two cars. The TVR speed 12 (gah, I won the Tuscan championship 8 times with no luck!) and one other which I've forgotten as it didn`t annoy me in the same was as the TVR.

Highlights are the polyphony racing cars (try racing in a mini for an hour, then switching to the polys, its quite a difference!). I also love all Vipers, particularly the team Oreca one. The 787B is good fun as well, and probably has the most interesting engine noise. The jags, and zondas are very pretty to look at, but I`m not so keen on racing them. Lastly there are the mitsubishi's - I don`t know why, but I really like their style, particularly the VI and VIIs.
Wed 09/04/03 at 23:10
Regular
I have done 100%, and have all but two cars. I never got round to winning the last few, which was a shame. This is a great opportunity to bring up a topic I had up nearly two years ago about Polyphony racing cars. How many colours are there?

I have 8 different ones (across both poly001 and poly002), and have seen 1 or 2 other colours. I can`t remember them all now, but have always wondered if there are more. Does anyone know just how many colours you can get?
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:18
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Mark, you can do similar things with the Xport also, I bought one of those mainly for GT3 and Motogp replays :)

By the way SR it's only £17.99 from Play, think you charge about £27 quid for it (last time I looked)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.