GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 3: What's in your garage?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec'.
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:34
Regular
Following a psychotic gaming episode where I wiped my two 8MB memory cards of all game saves and started from scratch again, I've just started Gran Turismo 3 (for about the 4th time).

This time my aim is to get 100% completion (something I've never achieved before due to those damn dirty Licence Tests) and collect some F1 cars along the way.

Have any of you actually 'completed' 100% the whole game? If so, how long did it take? (Without using cheats).

And what's in your garage? At present all I've got is the Toyota Trueno Sprinter and the MX-5(J), but hey, I only started this morning.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:29
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's no problem, unless you want to know all the mechanical detail about every component you buy. And assuming they don't throw a new 70 hour roleplaying mode with a complex plot into the mix.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Darwock, one of the main reasons I got my flip lid case is so I can get the Jap version of GT4 as soon as it comes out, (bound to be about 6 months before UK release) just a bit worried about the Jap text (menu's and settings etc) I assume they are easily enough to decipher a s long as you have more than a couple of brain cells ....
Wed 23/04/03 at 11:15
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Well, I'm playing both the PAL and NTSC-J versions concurrently - I've had the PAL version since launch and I'm probably only 35% completed. This is because I never like to supe a car up to the point where it's an easy winner - I prefer to make life difficult and have some challenging races. My favourite car (both in game and in real life) is any kind of RX7.

In the Japanese version, I started with the Concept bonus money, and bought a Tom's Supra which I am using to try and win the Diablo GT. Those are the only cars I will have, but I haven't played it in ages. I want to get the F1's in the Japanese version because they are the real thing rather than hybrid polyphony versions. Senna's '94 Williams is in there!
Wed 23/04/03 at 10:58
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
this info is from Famine on the GT3Times board:

"The minimum game time for 100.0% is 229 game days - and mine also has all-gold licences on it...

That took me roughly 3 months, as I was working all the time as well.

The absolute minimum game distance is about 6000 miles. So if you work at it being an average of 120mph - very few F1 races average more than that, but you also have races like Like The Wind where you can zip along at 300mph averages (or more if in wheelie mode) - that's about 50 hours. Factor in the menus, tuning and garage time at about 25% more and it's looking at 60 hours ish."
Tue 22/04/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
SSX: Ah, oops, and the point of the topic (sorry) it took about 60 hours at a guess, but it may have been less. Its hard to judge how long when there are so many endurance races. It may have been nearer 80 thinking about it!

I think 80 hours is pushing it, I too have completed it from scratch twice. Even with a 100% win ratio I think it would take nearer 100 hours. Won't be doing it again ! those first few races are so sloooooowwww.
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:10
Regular
That's probably because its not new anymore. When you try and sell one of your old cars, it will be about 1/4 the original value. I still don't know what has caused the speed drop off though. Have you tried messing with the gear ratios a bit more? How about downforce? Take some off if you don't mind slow turning, but more straight line speed.
Sat 19/04/03 at 17:09
Regular
Dont think it removes modifications. The value dropped massively though from about 100,000 to 28,000. Perhaps the car needed an oil and car wash to make it faster?!
Fri 18/04/03 at 23:45
Regular
That's really weird. Does trading cars that way remove all modifications? I didn't think it did, but I don't know that I`ve ever tried it though. Have you checked all the settings to make sure nothing was reset?

On the maximum speed though, try the Viper GTS. With a little encouragement it can get to over 435 km/h.
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:27
Regular
Yes :(
Wed 16/04/03 at 09:06
Regular
"  "
Heh, did you copy over the settings aswell?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.