GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the Xbox just a P.C in your T.V?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/01 at 08:55
Regular
No. Microsoft has said specifically that this is a console game system and not a PC, even though on the inside, it certainly looks a lot like a pared-down version of one. In fact, Microsoft is discouraging developers from including support for PC peripherals like the keyboard and mouse just to help console users feel at home.
Sat 30/10/10 at 09:06
Thankyou, my first posting, well done Australia !
Fri 29/10/10 at 05:34
Regular
Well done on your newly created forum. I enjoyed the videos' and look forward to more in the future.

Regards and hoo-roo
Legs.
Thu 24/01/02 at 23:16
Re: subject Patches

These are to do with getting games that have not been made online ready playable on network or via broadband, (some americans figured out a way of accessing net paly using som estrange method)

The xbox will not need patches on its games, however the fact that it comes with a hard drive in the box may well lead to mod cd's, with add on's and new versions of games for existing users.

As for the hard drive it shouldn't be able to catch and virus's, but someone out there is bound to try and target xbox, so u never know!
Thu 24/01/02 at 12:00
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
sherman wrote:
> the ps3 will be partially made by ibm and ibm are the inventers of pc so what
> would you say regarding that.

errr... the GC processor is made by IBM, the PS3 will totally be made by Sony and it's affliate companies (not IBM).

Sonic
Thu 24/01/02 at 07:43
I say that Sony might as well do monthly updates to their consoles in each PS2 mag.
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:16
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
the ps3 will be partially made by ibm and ibm are the inventers of pc so what would you say regarding that.
Sat 12/01/02 at 10:00
The extras help.
Sat 12/01/02 at 02:11
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Arr harr! There your wrong!

The GAMECUBE was design to play games!

The X-Box was design to play DVD, listen to music, and play games! It's not trying to be a console. It's trying to be something more! Skanky machine!

LOL

:p
Fri 11/01/02 at 20:11
===SONICRAV---> wrote:

It reboots... in that case you have afaulty console you fool!

I think i knew that... DERR!! I just wondered if that was a problem with all other DC's.

N E way, lets do a reality check. What does the average person call a PC. A very big mase of stuff (technical term). A main unit, moniter and speakers. What is a console? A singal unit or simply a console. with a lead going to yout telly. Now, how muck techno crap was in the post. Its not really that hard to comprehend. Okay, they are based on PC archtecture. Who gives a dam? Do you need to waste HD space to play games? No! Do you need to spend 1,000's of £ on them. NO! If you got PCs based around a PS2 (NOT LIKLY) wld u go calling the PC a console. Corse you wouldn't you FOOL! Who needs to worry n e way. So what XBOX has an HD. WooooooooooooW. Is it a PC? NO! Is it like a PC in one way of looking at it yes. But its not. Its designed to play GAMES! Hence Games Console not Personal Computer.
Thu 10/01/02 at 21:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Stick-X wrote:

That's pants! My DC reboots a hell of a lot just like my
> Pc. But that doesn't make it like a pc does it? The DC is still the best consol
> on the market... well untill the Xbox (March 14th).

It reboots... in that case you have afaulty console you fool!

Oh, and the DC IS based on PC architecture. I could go into this in detail (the console uses windows OS, every component is a standard PC componenbt, all buses are PC buses, ports from PC games are made easy), BUT it would be far too technical... if you understood what you are talking about, you'd already know I was rigth about the Xbox, DC and PSX all being based on PC architecture... oh, and the GC is too.... only the PS2 isn't, and this has caused many a complaint about unfamiliar hardware.

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.