GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LINKIN PARK ARE NOT A BOYBAND!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/11/01 at 22:20
Regular
Let me just get one thing straight: I am extremely FED UP to hear people constantly critisising Linkin Park and their music, even when they've hardly listened to any of their music, let alone their album Hybrid Theory, which is amazing!!! And they certainly ARE NOT a manufactured boyband like Westlife or Nsync for example!!!!

It's hard to manufacture a group of friends who've known each other for most of their lives and have been in a band together for several years now!! The only exception is Chester Bennington, who came along to complete the jigsaw puzzle as they changed their name from Xero to Hybrid Theory. Then when they discoverd there already was a band called Hybrid Theory, they changed to Linkin Park signed up with (in my opinion) a bad choice in a record label. They could become a much heavier band, but the contract they've signed with WBA (not West Brom!!) only allows them to create certain styles of music. Yes they write everything, music and lyrics as they're no some weak pop group who need a manager while the group learns to dance with random people!!

I also hate Slipknot!!! And I think Blink 182 are gay!!! Especially after they run around naked with each other and they sound really annoying!! And how can 9 men in masks be ONE band??? That includes 4 drummers!!!!
Wed 05/12/01 at 11:26
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Doesn't it make you laugh when you see loads of 12-13 year olds walking around with Slipknot t-shirts on. You know a band are commercial when it becomes fashionable to wear one of their t-shirts. I refuse to believe that all of the kids who have those t-shirts have seen them live, most probably haven't even got a Slipknot album.

By the way, before I get torn down by Slipknot lovers, I don't hate Slipknot in any way. I have never listened to the album, and would't make a judgement on them without doing so. I just find their "fans" amusing!
Wed 05/12/01 at 02:38
Are you mistaking me for a Linkin Park fan? Please say you aren't! Please God! I have spent my life trying not to step in such puddles!
Wed 05/12/01 at 02:14
I hate to be the one to break the news to you mate, but Linkin Park are as manufactured as you can get. It is a shame really because they aren't too bad of a band (me myself dislike them) because they have many fans.

What annoys me about Linkin Park is that they near enough paid their way into the music industry, when bands like Korn and Nirvana (for obvious reasons are no more) had to start from scratch, with hardly any money to get where they are today. They aren't exactly old but to tell the truth they aren't exactly new, but only now have they really been recognised for what they are.

I must ask, how old are you?? Most of Linkin Parks fans are what 13 or 14 years of age, they got famous by releasing songs that well to tell the truth are not exactly good. I'm sorry to say though mate they are as commercial and manufactured as you can get.
Wed 05/12/01 at 01:48
The main thing that struck me about the origional post here was the fact that they signed a contract which only allowed certain styles of music. That is unbelievable! That is absolutely disgusting for a corporate body to force a group of musicians to compromise their art in that way. And it doesn't exactly say much for the artistic integrity of the band does it? ... glove puppets excuse me.
Tue 04/12/01 at 15:08
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
If they aren't a boyband, there what, a girl band?
Mon 03/12/01 at 19:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Prawn Star wrote:
> So? Whats the problem with boybands? Nirvana are a boyband. The Strokes are a
> boyband. Muse are a boyband. The Hives are a boyband. Slipknot are a boyband.
> D12 are aswell. Limp Bizkit are getting a female guitarist but they used to be
> a boyband. S Club 7 aren't a boyband.

Please define 'boy band' Prawn Star!!
A
nd what are you on about, Limp gettin' a female guitarist??? I've heard nothing? And they should give up anyway!! They've really gone downhill since 3 Dollar Bill, Yall$, which is amazing!! And I highly reccomend it for all Limp/nu-metal fans!

Oh yeah, Nirvana WERE a boyband. Have you heard about Eminem gettin' sued for how Kurt Cobain is displayed in his cartoon series (LOL, Eminem!! What a loser!!!)??
Mon 03/12/01 at 12:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bleeders wrote:
Listen to Clutch and Tool. Two bands with integrity,
> something to say, musical talent and something fresh and original to listen
> to.

HELL YEAH!!

"And against my better judgement I walking out that door
I smiled at one person and I nodded to three more"
Mon 03/12/01 at 12:11
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I've heard of Snuff, see em' at Reading this year. The girlfriend is a big fan.
Sun 02/12/01 at 17:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Have you heard of Snuff?
Sun 02/12/01 at 17:18
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Who cares? They suck!

Listen to Clutch and Tool. Two bands with integrity, something to say, musical talent and something fresh and original to listen to.

Shame that can't be applied to the Nu-metal era eh? Well, maybe one band - Ultraspank. But I guess none of you may have heard of them eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.