GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA GAMEADAY NEWS STORY SHOCKER"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 17:46
Regular
Here's another chance or two to win an EXTRA GAMEADAY prize of any game of your choice from our entire catalogue.

Just write a headline and a news story.

It must be true.

It must be in your own words, not copied word for word.

It must be of interest to our type of people.

The best of these will appear in the News Headlines across our site and at Upwire.com.

By "best" we mean the "most interesting".

The best of the best will be awarded the prize. You will NOT necessarily win a prize if your story is used.

The first prize will be awarded one week from now, at 17:00 on December 4th.

If the pontest is copular then it will be pereated the loffowing week.

Get your stories now from any news source. You must enter them in this thread for them to be considered.
Sat 08/12/01 at 15:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Sorry. just read the main post again. It will continue the following week. Good, good! :D
Sat 08/12/01 at 15:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Can any more posts win GAD or is that one the only one, therefor making this thing over? ..... or since people are still sending stories then I say it must still be on.
Sat 08/12/01 at 14:10
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
PS2 Public Online Trials Expected by April 2002

Telewest, the broadband communications group that provides multi-channel television, telephone and broadband internet services to 1.7 million households in the UK, have announced that closed online trials for the PS2 on its network have now commenced.

A limited public trial is expected to commence early in the next financial year (April 2002).

Tom Cotter, head of games at Telewest Broadband said: "As we promised at E3, the trials have started before Christmas and we're very excited to be embarking on this project.

The Telewest Broadband PlayStation 2 network will, for the first time, establish protocols for networked games, making the development of these titles much more straightforward. Telewest Broadband is investing heavily in the PlayStation 2 service; believe me, this will be multiplayer gaming and broadband access integrated like never before."

Telewest expect to release more details of its PS2 Network early in 2002.

(Source: telewest.co.uk press releases)
Sat 08/12/01 at 13:57
Regular
Microsoft's Domination of the Gaming Industry: Part 1

Take Two Interactive, the New York based games publisher that has such titles as Grand Theft Auto III, Smugglers Run and Max Payne under its wing, are being eyed up by Microsoft in a possible buyout.

Take Two are staying tight lipped over the merger talks, saying that they are only rumors at present, but did say that 'consolidation in the industry remains a possibility'.

So get your mitts on GTA3 for the PS2 now before it becomes an XBox exclusive. Click here:

http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?index=1003241083
Sat 08/12/01 at 00:19
heres a true story for you:
SR scammed me and want me to pay to reniew my membership when i reniew every 3-4 months for free gifts! i have a recipt of a renew 2 months ago to prove it but they still want to to pay!. well NO, i will find something else.
Sat 08/12/01 at 00:15
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
im annoyed i missed this cos i had a good story.

Ah well

Been working all week on a theature production. Days from 9am to 10:30 pm. Ouch

Yawn.

Anyway im back.
Fri 07/12/01 at 21:30
Regular
Andy "Brave Two Zero" McNab coming to a console near you!

Rage have announced that they have signed a world-wide licencing deal with former SAS officer Andy McNab. They plan to release a series of 3D military-based action games across a range of platforms in the near future.

McNab said of the deal: "I've been approached by quite a few games companies over the years, but Rage's work really knocked me out. We share the same attention to detail and commitment to absolute authenticity. I am really looking forward to working together with them on this project."

McNab is providing motion capture as well as technical and creative input for Rage's game designers. Is this a new era of warfare realism for us lucky gamers?

If realism is a bit much for you, try Return To Castle Wolfenstein, the most playable shooter on the PC, instead:

http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?index=1005925840

(Sources: rage.com and uk.playstation.com/news)
Wed 05/12/01 at 19:26
Regular
"DS..."
wow! my first GAD win, i'd just like to say thank you for picking me Tony and i'd like to say well done to everyone else who entered.
slik ~_~
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:55
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Blockbuster title that shocked the world!

We are here to bring you the latest info on sales in Japan for the blockbuster title that shocked the gaming industry, and stole business from all other sales...Final Fantasy X.

Game stores are usually stocked with different products, different titles...but not in Japan...

Each retail outlet was jam-packed with fans from all over, just waiting minute after minute to purchase their very own copy of the game. Every shelf in every stores was filled with nothing but "Final Fantasy" this and "Final Fantasy" that. This is absolutely incredible and will surely go down in history, as something the world has never seen.
Final Fantasy X is by far the best-seller at the moment in Japan - It's selling fast and it's selling like mad! A bit more and there will be a drought in the games industry.
This amazingly anticipated title sold almost 2.5 million copies in less than a day at stores across Japan.

Will it do the same here?

Only time will tell…

For now…Final Fantasy X is surely classed as a PS2 memento.

This is Street Fighter, live from the seat of my chair.
Until the next time...
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Our main headline for today…

President of Nintendo, Hiroshi Yamauchi recently announced that there is to be no DVD playback for the Gamecube…what is the world coming to?

The console that had no name, the Gamecube - originally classified as the Dolphin - here is the latest news...

President of Nintendo, Hiroshi Yamauchi has very unexpectedly struck us with the following news...
Nintendo have finally confirmed that their next generation console, the Gamecube, will not be compatible with DVD discs. Yes…the console will provide us with DVD gameplay, but not so for DVD movies. This outlet is going to disappoint so many fans across the world.

But why have Nintendo mentioned this to the press? Well…Nintendo said that the games industry is being pushed into the wrong direction. They say that Sony is a prime example of this, and very soon, the XBOX. Sony’s PlayStation 2 has the ability to play both DVD games and DVD movies, straight out of the box. Those waiting for the XBOX will unfortunately have to buy an add-on for DVD playback at a later time. The point here is that Nintendo are telling gamers that they want the Gamecube to play games, and only games…nothing else. They want to keep the games industry at its depth and not lead it to a different universe. But why? Sony and Microsoft are the one’s making Next Generation Consoles something revolutionary by adding in all the extras, and making them more like a Personal Computer…not Nintendo. Should Nintendo get the upper-hand in this matter? Or should they step-down?

Yes...it is very thoughtful of Nintendo to keep the games industry at its original home, but to be honest…Sony and Microsoft are giving gamers everything they ever wanted in a console. After all...we have all witnessed what consoles do as a main feature (play games), so why not add in something better? - As both, Sony and Microsoft put clearly by showing to the world what they can do.
Okay, Nintendo may have Broadband connection, but Microsoft and Sony both have a Hard Disk Drive and DVD playback, not to mention Broadband connection to the Internet as well. There are also a variety of third-party peripherals in development as we speakm which Nintendo are also taking care of, but not at a higher capacity than Microsoft or Sony.

Still, I am sure that Gamecube fans out there are going to enjoy the new console no matter what prevails. As it is, the graphics are superb and most games are exclusives. The Gamecube will be without doubt a huge seller. But could it be the year's best-buy? We will just have to wait and see...

This is Street Fighter, live from Shadaloo City, signing off...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.