GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA GAMEADAY NEWS STORY SHOCKER"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 17:46
Regular
Here's another chance or two to win an EXTRA GAMEADAY prize of any game of your choice from our entire catalogue.

Just write a headline and a news story.

It must be true.

It must be in your own words, not copied word for word.

It must be of interest to our type of people.

The best of these will appear in the News Headlines across our site and at Upwire.com.

By "best" we mean the "most interesting".

The best of the best will be awarded the prize. You will NOT necessarily win a prize if your story is used.

The first prize will be awarded one week from now, at 17:00 on December 4th.

If the pontest is copular then it will be pereated the loffowing week.

Get your stories now from any news source. You must enter them in this thread for them to be considered.
Tue 18/12/01 at 18:00
Regular
Is this compo still open?......
Tue 18/12/01 at 17:58
Regular
>>>>>GameCube: Fastest selling console ever!<<<<<

When the GameCube was released in the USA it sold over 500,000 consoles in the first week it was released. The GameCube beat both it's competition the X-Box and the highly popular Playstation 2.

Not only that Nintendo have got another winner with Luigi's Mansio, which is said to be the best selling game yet. Also unofficial figures say that Luigi's Mansion was the fastest selling game followed by the highly awaited Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2 and Wave Race: Blue Storm.

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS
Tue 18/12/01 at 17:29
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
UK version of MGS2

The gaming industry is making quite a unique mark with rumours heading around within regards to the UK version of MGS2.
That’s right! Metal Gear Solid 2 is coming packed, right to the rim with a "Making of Metal Gear Solid 2" DVD.
Similar to the Japanese release for MGS2, the UK version will be packaged with a bonus DVD with many extra features to keep any Metal Gear fan out there happy.
It will even have some added footage that was not released in the US.
This is no big surprise for developers Konami. They have always been known for great promotions in their games. Games such as, Silent Hill 2, Zone Of The Enders, and of course, the upcoming release of the amazing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty.

I can’t wait until this game is released. Only a couple days after my birthday – GREAT!!!
Tue 11/12/01 at 20:43
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Why did you post twice?

I tried to correct a typo I did...I was too late to stop the page from sending so it was sent twice without me having the time to stop it

But thanks for noticing
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Why did you post twice?
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:29
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it! TIMESPLITTERS 2 is set to engrave its name on other platforms. That’s right! It’s going to be a MULTI-PLATFORM hit ladies and gentleman.

Read all about it! FREE RADICAL DESIGN have confirmed that after TimeSplitters 2 is released during Spring 2002 on the PlayStation 2 console, it is set to make a later appearance on the XBOX. The XBOX will be the next console it arrives on, so XBOX fans…BEWARE!!!

Do you remember when TimeSplitters was just a launch title for the PS2 last November, as an all-time exclusive? Well…this time, it’s back and better than ever. It’s going to hit the XBOX, it’s going to make a mark on the Gamecube, it’s…it’s…it's incredible I tell you…just incredible!!!

Well…it surely looks like many gamers are going to be thrilled with THIS news story shocker.

Keep a look out for this one folks…it’s totally unmissable!

Thanks for tuning in.

This is Street Fighter signing off from Shadaloo City.

Until the next time...
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:29
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it! TIMESPLITTERS 2 is set to engrave its name on other platforms. That’s right! It’s going to be a MULTI-PLATFORM hit ladies and gentleman.

Read all about it! FREE RADICAL DESIGN have confirmed that after TimeSplitters 2 is released during Spring 2002 on the PlayStation 2 console, it is set to make a later appearance on the XBOX. The XBOX will be the next console it arrives on, so XBOX fans…BEWARE!!!

Do you remember when TimeSplitters was just a launch title for the PS2 last November, as an all-time exclusive? Well…this time, it’s back and better than ever. It’s going to hit the XBOX, it’s going to make a mark on the Gamecube, it’s…it’s…it's incredible I tell you…just incredible!!!

Well…it surely looks like many gamers are going to be thrilled with THIS news story shocker.

Keep a look out for this one folks…it’s totally unmissable!

Thanks for tuning in.

This is Street Fighter signing off from Shadaloo City.

Unitl the next time...
Mon 10/12/01 at 21:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
DREAMCAST'S BACK IN PRODUCTION!

Yes, that's right. Sega of Japan have officially announced that they are starting to make Dreamcasts again. They have been in high demand in the build up to Christmas in Japan and Sega thought they should give it another try.

Sega was considered a flop by many but it is still a great console. Now that the consoles are back in prgress, we can hope for more new games on the way. Not that Sega need them, they have Virtua Tennis 2, Shenmue 2 and many other great games still to come.

Now that Dreamcasts are being produced again, what will shops do about the sales? I've seen Dreamcasts for as little as £60 in some places. With a console going back into form, shops can't afford to lose money on low sales of something that should have much higher value. Does this mean prices will be going back up? People will certianly hope not.

So now can Sega re-find their place in this upcoming console war? Find out this Christmas in the USA to see who is the real Xmas seller.

Afro.
Sun 09/12/01 at 19:55
Regular
LIVE AND LET FRY? YOU ONLY FISH TWICE? FISHFINGER? AH, FORGET IT...

It's time for us retro gamers to jump up and down again in joy, as another classic hero returns to our consoles... Yes, James Pond will return!

Swing! Entertainment and Creature Labs are busy in the workings of two James Pond titles. Firstly, a remake of "James Pond: Codename Robocod" is coming to GBA, and secondly, James Pond will feature in an all new adventure on the "next generation systems".

All hail James Pond and his return to gaming once more! Huzzah!

SOURCE: PLANETGAMECUBE
Sat 08/12/01 at 15:08
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Dunno, but it's a good thread to post news in so that's what I use if for when I find interesting tidbits.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.