GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin or Rogue Squadron 2 - Rogue Leader"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/04/03 at 14:21
Regular
Virgin are having a sale. I have a voucher. I can get one of these games with my voucher. Which one?

I have heard that Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin are really enjoyable but pretty short games. I was looking for a racing game like Wave Race but that wasn't included in the Players Choice range. (??)

I had Rouge Leader the first one like but after I completed it I sold it. Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion look like those type of games. (Complete it then sell) I want something that I can keep coming back to like.

Anyway. Its either one of these games. So, which should I go for?
Sun 13/04/03 at 10:47
Regular
mystique wrote or typed:
>Star Wars

totally agreed, evan thoguh i have only played it for 5 mins in the shop ages ago, i rented out luigigs mansion and found it completely pointless and boring when i took out the first 5 or 6 mansions, but all you do is go around with a hoover sucking up ghosts, and pikimin my friend rented it out and we like and hate the same sort of games, and he said it was crap, so i tried it when he had it still and just hated it totally
Sun 13/04/03 at 08:39
Regular
"past,present&future"
People criticise Pikmin for being too short, but I just don't see it like that.

Firstly you learn to play, and are genuinely puzzled as you get to grips with it and learn, and solve the various stages.

Then you start again, knowing you can do it much faster, and finish the game.

With most games I hardly go back to it when I've finished, but not Pikmin.

I'm on a compulsive mission to finish it in the least days, getting the most parts each day, while strategically opening up as much as possible.

I think I'll do it in 12 days, but it's very hard, aiming for 3/4 pieces a day most days.

It can take endless attempts on each day, plus there is so much to learn about the environment.

A lot depends on how you play games, but if you are open minded, like puzzle games, and don't mind when the game dictates the pace, Pikmin is an absolute dream to play through over and over.

I don't think Pikmin has been under-rated because I know lots of people do love it, but there's so much more there than meets the eye the first time through.

It is completely unique, and supremely realised.

I can see that, if you are the type of player who just plays to play through as quickly as possible, then Pikmin simply isn't that kind of game, and using solutions or walkthroughs is shameful, and will ruin the game for you.

V>.
Sat 12/04/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Cant imagine them to be more than £20.
Sat 12/04/03 at 22:16
Regular
How much are they selling them at?

Oh, and personally, I'd go for Pikmin. YeY.
Sat 12/04/03 at 22:15
Regular
Asher D wrote:

>
> Star Wars if you want to get into a habit of hitting things and
> swearing a lot.

An excellant analogy :D

Brilliant game, but so absurdly hard to get all the Gold medals.

And then there's 'Ace Mode' which I haven't even unlocked yet...
Sat 12/04/03 at 22:09
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
That's a good one
Sat 12/04/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Mystique wrote:
> Star Wars

Geek
Sat 12/04/03 at 22:01
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> If you cant complete Star Wars, you just arent hardcore.

*Sob*
Got to the race to the core, or whatever the last 'normal' level was. Every frickin time some man-****h would fly into the back of me, they'd take out the falcon while I was out of the game, and that'd be the end of.. it.

Got annoyed, then bored, then got another game. Haven't touched it in ages. It's kind of a shame, for the most part the game was a lot of fun, even if I did suck, and half the time didn't really know what was going on...
Sat 12/04/03 at 21:07
Regular
"past,present&future"
Pikmin without a doubt.
Sat 12/04/03 at 20:43
Regular
I got TS2 soon after Star Wars, then Burnout, Eternal Darkness and Die Hard soon after, then Wave Race and Pikmin soon after that (About 2 months, but I was still playing them) then Metroid Prime soon after that, I haven't had time to play it. I might give it a go...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.