GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Form_to_mail scripts stopped working."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/05/07 at 13:14
Regular
Hi,
It seems form_to_mail scripts have stopped working today.

Initially I thought it was due to the php upgrades as one of my sites uses a third-party php script (see my post in the php thread) but this is on server 2 which shouldn't be affected.

I've found that form_to_mail scripts both third-party and Freeola's own one have stopped working.

No errors but also no email :(

NB. As this has been going on for some hours I have just raised a Support Ticket: 135234
When I raised the ticket the confirmation page had a blank space where the ticket number should be:

Your support ticket reference:
Thank you for your enquiry, a copy of which we have emailed to . Please keep a note of your support ticket reference, as this will help if you need to contact us again regarding the same matter. We will reply to your message as soon as we can.

The email confirmation did contain the number as normal.

Could you please investigate.
Thanks.
Tue 22/05/07 at 13:14
Regular
Hi,
It seems form_to_mail scripts have stopped working today.

Initially I thought it was due to the php upgrades as one of my sites uses a third-party php script (see my post in the php thread) but this is on server 2 which shouldn't be affected.

I've found that form_to_mail scripts both third-party and Freeola's own one have stopped working.

No errors but also no email :(

NB. As this has been going on for some hours I have just raised a Support Ticket: 135234
When I raised the ticket the confirmation page had a blank space where the ticket number should be:

Your support ticket reference:
Thank you for your enquiry, a copy of which we have emailed to . Please keep a note of your support ticket reference, as this will help if you need to contact us again regarding the same matter. We will reply to your message as soon as we can.

The email confirmation did contain the number as normal.

Could you please investigate.
Thanks.
Tue 22/05/07 at 13:27
Regular
Form mail is working for me GWD however!! we have been inundated with messages from one of our sites this morning offering all sorts of sexual services! and loads of swear words
! and all this just as freeola announce the upgrade was complete and now more secure? Hmmmm very strange indeed. Perhaps they have relised there has been a breach and are working on a solution?

Kev

PS the site that has been targated by spam is on server 0
Tue 22/05/07 at 13:35
Regular
Thanks for the update Kev - all very strange.
Earlier I did tests on server 2 and 6 and nothing's appeared yet?! Everything was working fine yesterday.

The good news is that Freeola have contacted me and are on the case :)
Tue 22/05/07 at 15:42
Staff
Thank you for alerting us to this issue, we have investigated the logs and believe that we have removed the third party scripts which caused this issue.

It may take some time for the backlog of mail caused by this issue to clear, however we will be monitoring the logs to ensure that we do not see a recurrence of this.
Tue 22/05/07 at 17:26
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
I tested all contact / enquiry forms 3 hours ago having checked this forum, have just checked E mails and nothing is coming through !!!.

Sites concerned are on servers: 2 - 1 - 0 which is somewhat strange as 0 & 1 have already been upgraded and we had to sort out the 'permissions' problem with these already after the last upgrade.

Hope I don't have to do so again ???

Any clues Freeola, or is it the spam / junk mail problem raised by GWD & Kev below being sorted ???

Also, any news on why forwarding to Hotmail 'issue' has not been resolved ???

Dan
Tue 22/05/07 at 18:26
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The forwarding to Hotmail issue isn't just effecting Freeola as far as I'm aware. I know other email providers are having problems. You may like to read this, which explains why this one is going to be difficult to resolve.
Tue 22/05/07 at 19:08
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Thanks Eccles,

That's more info than I have had about this for a long time, other than: there is an 'issue' (really hate that term) with this, looking into into it on the status page.

I suspected that it was Hotmail screwing down the filters, BUT annoyingly, I still get "grow my winky to 10 inches offers" (if only), adverts arriving in my Hotmail inbox !!!!

So it's clearly not working right yet.

Dan
Wed 23/05/07 at 02:40
Regular
I sent two test messages when i left for work at 4pm on Tuesday, just home from work now...2.30 AM ish on Wednesday morning (yes it is a long shift Kev) and none have arrived so I take it that its a big backlog of messages that must be cleared? or it has broke again, no third party scripts on my servers I am using the freeola prescribed variety :-(

Oh woe is me

On the + side as way of compensation they gave me 3 numbers on the bingo tonight :-)
Wed 23/05/07 at 10:08
Staff
We are still monitoring the issue with the formmail scripts, I do not believe there is an issue with any one server, just an issue with a backlog of mail caused by the use of unsecured third party scripts.

I have now seen test messages come through which were sent yesterday from yesterday from all servers barring server 0, and looking at the log I can see messages coming from that server without any issues.

I believe we have also resolved the bulk of the issues involved with forwarding to hotmail, as since changes have been made to the webmail system, incidences of spam via this system have been reduced, which we believe is the chief reason that there have been issues with this.
Wed 23/05/07 at 11:28
Regular
Sorry to break the news to you but your logs are lying. I have still not received yesterdays messages and have sent 2 tests this morning server 8 and 3 and they have not arrived as yet so prior to this fault they were almost instant now there appears to be a huge delay again or its busted again.

Kev

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.