GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best beginning sequence in a film?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 15:43
Regular
I think Blade is the Daddy on this subject, What an opening, it made me want to be a vampire.

(I haven't got the immortal bit quite right yet, but I am drinking two pints of Iranian monkey blood a day)

Anyway, what is the best opening sequence in a film?, lets have a heated debate.
Fri 23/11/01 at 13:06
I think that the best start in a film is Fast and the furious that is a cool film with those cool cars i would love to own one of them they are COOL!!
Fri 23/11/01 at 15:32
I think the Tomorrow Never Dies intro is the best.
Fri 23/11/01 at 18:16
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
SSX_Nikki wrote:
> I think that the best start in a film is Fast and the furious that is a cool
> film with those cool cars i would love to own one of them they are COOL!!

It was quite good I suppose but it was just a rip off of Point Break except no where near as good.
Sat 24/11/01 at 15:35
I'll have to go for the opening sequence of Martin Scorsese's Raging Bull. This is a purely cinematic beginning where we see De Niro is pictured at the start of the film in an empty ring filled with mist, his head down, preparing for a fight. The searing and melancholic score seems to force sympathy out of us for this lonely character and the slow motion seems to accentuate this even more. It seems to foreshadow what we are to feel at the end of the movie when La Motta (De Niro) realises the pain and suffering he has caused his family and friends and tries to redeem himself, but without success.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.