GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best beginning sequence in a film?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 15:43
Regular
I think Blade is the Daddy on this subject, What an opening, it made me want to be a vampire.

(I haven't got the immortal bit quite right yet, but I am drinking two pints of Iranian monkey blood a day)

Anyway, what is the best opening sequence in a film?, lets have a heated debate.
Thu 22/11/01 at 19:02
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
If the motivation speech at the beginning of Glengarry Glenroos counts as a beginning sequence (it's about 5 to 10 minutes in) then that just takes the title. Damn that film is good.
Thu 22/11/01 at 19:05
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
If that doesn't count then I would have to say....

hmmmmmmmm....

.........I'll have to get back to you on that. It's a tough one.
Thu 22/11/01 at 19:12
Regular
Pulp Fiction, no special effects no nothing, just a normal scene which is so damn good, makes you want to watch the rest of the film.
Thu 22/11/01 at 19:20
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
YES!!!

"What you give a guy a foot massage?"

"F*** you!"

"I'm feelin' kind of tired, I could use a foot massage right now."

"F*** YOU!"
Thu 22/11/01 at 19:37
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Seeing as there have been recent posts on both these films, I'll go for La Haine and Magnolia.

Magnolia has a brilliantly frenetic opening which gave my mum a headache and so she refused to watch the rest of the film, but that's the point; you're meant to feel claustrophobic.. I won't go into details but if you've seen the film then you'll know what I mean.

La Haine starts with a wide-angle lens/ short focus shot of the back of one of the characters heads, and you see him walking along unaware of anything else, then as he moves on the camera looms up over his head and suddenly the foreground comes into focus and you see a line of policeman in riot gear. If you haven't seen it then you won't be appreciate the geniusness of the shot. It may not be hi-octane but it's a great piece of cinematography.
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:25
Regular
Gladiator has a great opening scene.
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:32
Regular
The_Vottanator wrote:

"I'm feelin' kind of tired, I could use a foot massage right
> now."

"F*** YOU!"

I was thinking more of the Tim Roth and thingy at the beggining

"I love you Honey Bun"

"I love you too pumpkin"

"right none of you co....."etc etc and then the music, what a start to a film.
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:59
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The T2 future battle intro.
Or Goonies, where Chunk spills all his milkshake.
Thu 22/11/01 at 22:11
Regular
Raiders Of The Lost Ark

and Star Wars
Thu 22/11/01 at 22:13
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

I was thinking more
> of the Tim Roth and thingy at the beggining

That too. The whole film is brilliant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.