GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best beginning sequence in a film?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 15:43
Regular
I think Blade is the Daddy on this subject, What an opening, it made me want to be a vampire.

(I haven't got the immortal bit quite right yet, but I am drinking two pints of Iranian monkey blood a day)

Anyway, what is the best opening sequence in a film?, lets have a heated debate.
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:43
Regular
I think Blade is the Daddy on this subject, What an opening, it made me want to be a vampire.

(I haven't got the immortal bit quite right yet, but I am drinking two pints of Iranian monkey blood a day)

Anyway, what is the best opening sequence in a film?, lets have a heated debate.
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hmmm...have to think about this one.

For now, the ones that spring to mind are:

Raiders of The Lost Ark
Leon
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:56
Regular
Swordfish......
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:57
I also thought that the Blade beginning sequence was brilliant.

I also like the intro in 'The World is Not Enough'.
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:57
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Swordfish......

Haven't seen it, what happens? Do you recommend the film highly?
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:00
"High polygon count"
Okay, it may be because I was young and easily impressionable, but...

Star Wars

At the cinema when the film was first released, when the Imperial Star Destroyer comes looming into view, chasing Princess Leia's ship.

I saw that with my mum and dad at the Odeon, Leicester Square, London. The volume was loud and the whole theatre rumbled. Fan-bloody-tastic, and in my view, never beaten.
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:02
Regular
Donkey Punch wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> Swordfish......

Haven't seen it, what happens? Do you
> recommend the film highly?

Really, really cool explosion.........
Ball bearing flying all over the place.

If I really had to be honest about one of the best opening sequences in a film, it would have to be the modern version of Romeo and Juliet.......
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:08
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

>star Wars

On second thoughts, You are right. I totally forgot, but it all comes flooding back now. Star Wars is fantastic, I think the music is amazing.
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:39
Regular
Goten wrote:
> I also thought that the Blade beginning sequence was brilliant.

I also like
> the intro in 'The World is Not Enough'.

The TWINE intro is great, as is Tommorrow Never Dies. However, the intro to Lord of the Rings is the best. Haven't seen it yet, but it has to be, otherwise I impale Peter Jacksons testicles on a stick.
Thu 22/11/01 at 18:37
Regular
"Whatever!"
Other than Star Wars it has to be The Matrix - That intro was just spectacular!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.