GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best beginning sequence in a film?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 15:43
Regular
I think Blade is the Daddy on this subject, What an opening, it made me want to be a vampire.

(I haven't got the immortal bit quite right yet, but I am drinking two pints of Iranian monkey blood a day)

Anyway, what is the best opening sequence in a film?, lets have a heated debate.
Sat 24/11/01 at 15:35
I'll have to go for the opening sequence of Martin Scorsese's Raging Bull. This is a purely cinematic beginning where we see De Niro is pictured at the start of the film in an empty ring filled with mist, his head down, preparing for a fight. The searing and melancholic score seems to force sympathy out of us for this lonely character and the slow motion seems to accentuate this even more. It seems to foreshadow what we are to feel at the end of the movie when La Motta (De Niro) realises the pain and suffering he has caused his family and friends and tries to redeem himself, but without success.
Fri 23/11/01 at 18:16
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
SSX_Nikki wrote:
> I think that the best start in a film is Fast and the furious that is a cool
> film with those cool cars i would love to own one of them they are COOL!!

It was quite good I suppose but it was just a rip off of Point Break except no where near as good.
Fri 23/11/01 at 15:32
I think the Tomorrow Never Dies intro is the best.
Fri 23/11/01 at 13:06
I think that the best start in a film is Fast and the furious that is a cool film with those cool cars i would love to own one of them they are COOL!!
Fri 23/11/01 at 12:07
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> The new Bond film.

All the bond films have pretty cool beginnings.
I like the A View To A Kill beginning, with Bond evading skiing minions, inventing snowboarding along the way (with cool music), seeing an obviously radio controlled helecopter crash into a mountain, then escaping in his iceberg/submarine (with token 007 babe for company).
Fri 23/11/01 at 11:15
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
The new Bond film.
Fri 23/11/01 at 11:13
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Romeo Must Die has a pretty good opening sequence, loads of martial arts from the start:
"I guess I could use a work out"!

Matrix is good too, and I really like the first scene in Grosse Point Blank (if you haven't seen this film, you should order it now, and do nothing until it arrives at your door and you have watched it!)
Thu 22/11/01 at 22:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The first big stunt in Jackie Chan's Police Story is an amazing beginning to a film.
Jackie is a cop at a failed stake-out, and the criminals attempt to flea in their cars down a mountain village.
Jackie gives chase in another car, and it's chaos as cars, wooden buildings, fruit and people fly everywhere.(4 stutmen were hurt filming it)
At the bottom of the village, the criminals hijack a bus and speed away. Jackie, now without the use of his trashed car, grabs onto the bus with an umbrella, lifting his body up to avoid oncoming traffic.
Jackie eventually gets thrown from the bus, only then he runs down a very steep slope to cut off the bus later down the road.
He stops infront of the busses path, halts an oncoming car, which stops inches from Jackie, he pulls out his gun, and shoots the bus windscreen, causing it to screech to a halt, again inches from Jackie, and all the criminals fly out the window. Jackie gets his man.
Sheer class.
Thu 22/11/01 at 22:39
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Saving Private Ryan's intro is pretty quality.
Thu 22/11/01 at 22:34
Regular
Oh just thought of another film with Tarentino in it that's got a damn good start, Desperado.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.