GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time Travel"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/08/10 at 20:08
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Mmmm, if time travel was possible, wouldn't we already know how to do it? If it ever became possible, surely someone would have already came back and given us the solution? After all of the tradgedies and wars of this world, surely someone would have felt compelled to do something to prevent these things? Just a thought....
Tue 17/08/10 at 12:46
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Another way to look at this is where you are in relation to something else, for example if you look at the sun (don't by the way unless you want to go blind) you are seeing the sun as it was just under 8 minutes ago as it takes that amount of time for the light rays to reach earth.

So, in 1 years time if you are 1 light year away from where you are now and looked through a telescope to your exact position you would see what you are doing now, even though it's 1 year later, so you are looking back in time (sorry if that's hard to follow I've already spent about 10 minutes trying to explain it the best I can!)

Whilst I don't believe you can go back / forward to a period in time you can actually see different time periods to the one you're in (IE the state of the sun if you look at it)
Mon 16/08/10 at 00:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
Sonic Einstein, the greatest species in the world.
Mon 16/08/10 at 00:17
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sonic Chris or Einstein...who to believe....tricky :P
Sun 15/08/10 at 23:39
Regular
"How Ironic"
Hey, nothing's been entirely proven or concluded. I could be near to the truth :P
Sun 15/08/10 at 22:00
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> That's exactly what I'm suggesting :)

As I said, what a bizarre universe you live in.
Sun 15/08/10 at 21:42
Regular
"How Ironic"
Garin wrote:
> Smedders is talking about time dilation. You appear to be
> suggesting its a matter of perception rather than a real
> phenomenon?

That's exactly what I'm suggesting :)
Sun 15/08/10 at 21:14
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I think the twin-theory shows that things compared on our own time scale have differences. Therefore some sort of time event has happened.

I'm sure it is possible, just as what's been said, it won't be accessible in our lifetimes. But that's the joy of my interest - stuff that doesn't seem possible has been witnessed, so therefore must be possible... Just with this particular topic, physics seems to be able to back me up!
Sun 15/08/10 at 21:07
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Smedders is talking about time dilation. You appear to be suggesting its a matter of perception rather than a real phenomenon?
Sun 15/08/10 at 20:41
Regular
"How Ironic"
It's true though.
Sun 15/08/10 at 18:18
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> It's only time travel in terms of our own measuring of time. We
> initally used the sun and moon positions to figure out time. Any
> differences in distance from either sun or moon, or earth for
> that matter, and you won't be able to properly use our own time
> scale in reference. So what may seem like 5 space years, is
> actually 10 earth years. They're exactly the same amount of time,
> but due to the distance between all the different parties (the
> twins, sun, moon, earth) when calculated in each place, the time
> seems different. If you took a sort of 'life' stop watch, and
> sent one twin into space, and the other left on earth, started
> them the exact time, took off for 5 years and came back, they're
> going to be exactly the same no matter where the space twin had
> gone.

What a bizarre universe you live in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.