GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silent Hill 2 Official Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 23:11
Regular
Well its only a matter of days away and thanks to SR i will be getting this great game come friday, so who's getting it?, it does look like a genuinely frightening game, and the graphics certainly push the ps2 to the next step, plus the DVD extras, it will be great, post here how your doing when you get the game so we can help each other out during the course of the game :-)

2 days to go!
Wed 28/11/01 at 18:03
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Just got Silent Hill 2 today! I took Smuggler's Run 2 back and got this beauty. It's BRILLIANT! It starts out slow, but you want to keep playing it to discover the secrets of Silent Hill. Great Stuff!
Wed 28/11/01 at 17:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Best thing to do is go to www.gamefaqs.com . Go find Silent Hill 2 and have a look at the guides, one of them should have how to get the secret stuff and all the endings.
Wed 28/11/01 at 10:51
Finished it over the weekend (just over 11 hours gametime), and am currently going through for a second time. Has to be said, it is the most truely disturbing and disquieting game I've ever played. The gameplay, is not the most challenging, but the storyline, and general atmosphere is unbelievably tense, especially towards the end of the game. Finishing it at two thirty in the morning does not lend itself to a good nights sleep, and I had a few dodgy dreams!

Looking forward to seeing the different endings.
Does anyone know what has to be done differently to obtain the different endings? Is it purely on the number of items you find or the speed at which you complete it?

I'm still jumping when the radio in the car crackles now..........

Mark
Wed 28/11/01 at 10:37
adrian wrote:
> I got stuck in the Apartment as I couldnt do the
> chute. I did it because I put the thing you, get in the chute on the same floor.
> I thought you had to put it in from the chute on the next floor.

How long have you got through the game as iam on 3:30 about.

I know exactly what you mean - I was doing the same thing for ages!! I've done about 4 hours now and have met up with Maria so nice to have some company....

By the way, if any of you need any help etc. please mail me.
I have the official press guide from Konami, very basic but explains all of the key events and locations in detail. I'm not trying to use it unless I have any more of those 'orange juice down the chute' moments.....

[email protected]
Tue 27/11/01 at 22:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
You get a chainsaw. Spray Can that freezes the monsters or something like that. There are also 5 endings.
Tue 27/11/01 at 22:21
Regular
"Touched!"
robm wrote:
> do u get nething after uve completed it? like sum kind of extra mission or
> sumthin??

I don't think anyone has finished it yet!, but i am really getting into it now!, its great, i'll let you know if i get anything when i finish it!
Tue 27/11/01 at 22:05
do u get nething after uve completed it? like sum kind of extra mission or sumthin??
Tue 27/11/01 at 16:34
Regular
Jonman's gonna be banned.

And he was only a newbie....
Mon 26/11/01 at 16:07
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Mon 26/11/01 at 10:43
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I've "done" over eight hours, but lots of time has been spent wandering...., the game gets better the further you get into it, some of the puzzles (on Medium) are real mind strainers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.