GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silent Hill 2 Official Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 23:11
Regular
Well its only a matter of days away and thanks to SR i will be getting this great game come friday, so who's getting it?, it does look like a genuinely frightening game, and the graphics certainly push the ps2 to the next step, plus the DVD extras, it will be great, post here how your doing when you get the game so we can help each other out during the course of the game :-)

2 days to go!
Sat 24/11/01 at 23:25
Regular
"Touched!"
I agree with adrian, i never seen such derranged mcreatures in all of my gaming life!, they scare they hell out of you, the shadows are great, scare u to bits, and the radio beeping is just counting down the seconds until you come face to face with one of them, its what makes the game great, because there is so much you don't know until you get further into the game!, i'm only about 2 hours in and i can't wait until i get even further in, and i don't dare play it in the dark tonight!
Sat 24/11/01 at 23:19
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The monsters are quite hard to explain. Watch some videos about it. If I were to describe Silent Hill 2 and its setting and monsters I would describe it as being in the mind of a derranged Psycho path. The sounds are very chilling and really make you think there is some type of monster out there waiting for you. Resident Evil has the jump moments like in the first one where the dogs jump out of the mirrors for the first time. Silent Hill 2 makes you fear what you cant see. I would say the Silent Hill games are more scarier than Resident Evil is.
Sat 24/11/01 at 23:01
Regular
"WWJD"
what badys are there? is it like zombies or what the game sounds alot like res evil game but the res evil story lines are realy good has anyone read the books? if you live in leicestershire you can get them from another world in town there a good read it's very interesten i highly recommend them
Sat 24/11/01 at 22:54
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I've been scaried a few times because of the shadows. They pop out every where and make you see things that arent there. Its a great game, got 2 hours 15 mins through it hope it lasts longer than the first one.
Sat 24/11/01 at 22:49
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i don't no about any one else but this game takes guts to play.
Sat 24/11/01 at 22:28
Regular
"Touched!"
Has anyone got a chainsaw yet?, i watched the trailers on the dvd and the E3 one shows james with a chainsaw...looks cool
Sat 24/11/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Whatever!"
Off to play Silent Hill 2 some more - Back tomorrow!!
Sat 24/11/01 at 19:53
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Longy:0) wrote:
> oh whats the story from the first one to the second

The first 1 has you as this bloke cant remember his name and he goes to Silent Hill with his daughter. They have a car crash and see wanders off and he looks for her. The story line is alot more complicated than that but its very weird and I can quite remember it all.

The 2nd one has you playing James Sunderland who goes to Silent Hill after his wife sent him a letter saying shes there. Seems like a normal storyline but shes been dead for 3 years.

The 2 Silent Hills arent linked together in any way, well I dont think so anyone like to correct me? But for the 2nd one there are different locations to the first so its just like a brand new game. There may be bits that are repeated but the main part of the game is completely different.
Sat 24/11/01 at 18:57
Regular
"Touched!"
Has anyone noticed on the 2nd last page of the booklet there is a cd soundtrack album for sh2?, has anyone seen it?, if so let me know cos i like the music and would like to the buy the album!
Sat 24/11/01 at 17:20
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I was going to get Half-Life but I think I might get Silent Hill 2 instead. I am stuill a bit unsure though

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.