GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Give me your games."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 14:32
Regular
When I leave college i hope to start up a games exchange shop. If you've ever been in one and found something you like or don't like please tell me.
No time wasters.
Tue 20/11/01 at 15:10
Regular
"DS..."
depends on the shop.
slik ~_~
Tue 20/11/01 at 15:08
Regular
"I confused?"
In anyones local games exchange are there all the consoles new and old or just the new ones.
Tue 20/11/01 at 15:07
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I recon you'll probably have to do more than just games to cover the overheads.

Why not integrate it with a tearoom that has consoles set up for people to play while they are in there?

I've thought about that one for a while if you need a partner...
Tue 20/11/01 at 14:55
Regular
"I confused?"
Hopefully Cirencester or High Wycombe.
Tue 20/11/01 at 14:54
Regular
where do you plan on setting up?
Tue 20/11/01 at 14:49
Regular
"I confused?"
Like in my first question if you've been in a games exchange tell me what you liked or didn't like about it. Which includes everything the price, the games quality, the layout of the shop, how helpful the staff are e.t.c
Tue 20/11/01 at 14:48
Regular
Slaveunit wrote:
> TEST every game before you buy it from them.

that would be a huge waste of your time the best way to check a disc is to basicly look at the disc if it is scratched dont take it if it has minor scratches give less for it
carts 90% of the time dont have anything wrong with them unless you drove over it or something

it would be impossible to test games while they are waiting,serve other customers and do other things at the same time
Tue 20/11/01 at 14:44
Regular
let me rephrase then

what things inparticular do you want to know? the types of games we like?--- and if you are doing a games shop you should stock all types because there is always someone who will want that game you dont have.

the store layout?
prices?
to just stock second hand stuff? -which is stupid because some people dont buy second hand they want it from new therefor you will be loosing A LOT of customers

what?! what do you want to know?
Tue 20/11/01 at 14:43
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Dr. Nebster Crippen wrote:
> 26 full price N64 games dosen't give you lung cancer.

But it will affect you mentally...

:)
Tue 20/11/01 at 14:42
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
TEST every game before you buy it from them.

On this, how on earth do people let their games get in this state? How can you possibly lose the box inlay? How can you scratch a game so much it doesnt play?

yeah, I know how it's done, but how can you do it? are you insane? did you not buy this game with the intention of keeping it? Why not just take more care?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.