GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Give me your games."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 14:32
Regular
When I leave college i hope to start up a games exchange shop. If you've ever been in one and found something you like or don't like please tell me.
No time wasters.
Wed 21/11/01 at 13:15
Regular
"I confused?"
Any better ideas? not been nasty, sorry if it sounds like it.
Wed 21/11/01 at 13:13
Regular
Dr. Nebster Crippen wrote:
> Any good names for a games exchange shop?

How about Dr. nebster crippens used
> games emporium

That would just scare people away, sounds like something out of Monkey Island.
Wed 21/11/01 at 13:12
Regular
"I confused?"
Hahahahahahaha perhaps your wit is needed somwhere else for example "I've just told a bad joke and I'm feeling like a bit of a prat forum"?
Wed 21/11/01 at 13:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
There's already a Gay Exchange. You can see the adverts on channel four at about one in the morn...oh hang on, game. Sorry.
Wed 21/11/01 at 13:07
Regular
"I confused?"
Any good names for a games exchange shop?

How about Dr. nebster crippens used games emporium
Wed 21/11/01 at 12:19
Regular
"DS..."
I say you should still go for it.
slik ~_~
Wed 21/11/01 at 12:16
Regular
"I confused?"
But where i live there are no games exchange there fore a gap in the market!
Tue 20/11/01 at 20:41
"period drama"
my local games exchange place just closed too.

Hmmm, there there seems to be a pattern emerging.

i think, sir, this would be an un-wise carreer move.
Tue 20/11/01 at 20:26
Regular
"Hoo Har"
My local shop is very depressing. It's small and no-ones ever in there as it's right on the out-skirts of the town centre.

If you do make one set-up some consoles for people to play on with the latest games. The game you put on play put on special offer as well and watch the money come rolling in. This will attract people in the shop.

A lot of exchange shops look cheap and tacky. Try to think of a good name and decorate your shop.

A futuristic design should look good; the X-Box colours would be perfect.

Also try and get in a few new games as well. Sell them cheap and do some nice special offers.

Make sure the shop is based in the middle of the Town centre...

I also hate the way you only get a little bit of money for the games you sell to x-change shops. Try to do a special deal where you can swap a used game for a used game. Without any money involved.
Tue 20/11/01 at 20:01
Regular
"I confused?"
What do like to see in a games shop big slow?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.