GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo - in retrospect"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Tue 22/04/03 at 10:27
Regular
Hey there people.

Ever since I bought my Xbox back in November, only one game has really held my attention up until the present day. You may be familiar with it, it's a little game called Halo, and I think I'm in love with it.

I won't waste your time waxing lyrical on how it's the best game since sliced bread as I'm sure you're all aware of how top it is. Instead, I wish to know your favourite levels, favourite games, best moments etc. I'm giving it another run through in co-op mode in Legendary at the moment, but am stil playing Deathmatches with alarming regularity.

Flavour of the month is the Hang 'Em High level complete with dozens of tombstones for cover. Old favourites include the ice level with Sniper rifles and all vehicles or the Blood Gulch level with snipers and all vehicles too.

Come on, get excited with me! Metroid Prime sucks! Halo rules!
Thu 24/04/03 at 17:14
Regular
Metroid Prime rocks my whale. Halo's pretty good, but Morrowind's been taking up all my Xbox time.
Thu 24/04/03 at 17:35
Regular
Actually its more like Halo is Premiership and TS2 is Conference material :)

p.s The Smilie isn't because I am joking :)
Thu 24/04/03 at 20:10
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Stupid monitor...must...kill
Anyways the best level for me would have to be 'The Silent Cartographer' basically because it was the first level of Halo I ever played and the level I played the most, blowing up random warthogs and the like.

Best multiplayer game is Last Man Standing with 50% health and Pistols on Boarding action, great for a quick spurt.

Oh and of course 16-Player Halo beats everything else wiv stik.
Thu 24/04/03 at 21:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Halo is definatly one of my most favourite games of all time. From start to finish the game just sucked me in and I really felt that my tactics were playing a part as I went through it. :-)
The quality really shines through when I found myself playing through it over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
Co-op with my cousin has to be one of the best gaming moments ever and we've played a few deathmatches with 4 of us which were excellent fun.

My favourite level is Assault On The Control Room - mainly for the outdoor battles in it, they are superb !

As for particular moments, theres been tons of em ! One I can be backed up on was when me and my cousin were in a warthog. I was driving with him on the turret. We were swerving around the rocks on the Halo level and at one point I went flying through a tight spot at high speed - the warthog went into the air, did a full barrel roll and landed back on its wheels - we were like "oh yeah ! Ave it !" ;-))

Theres so many great memories to go over that to list them all would take ages and I'm not gonna be that cruel to you lot (even though I have been pretty often in the past). ;-))
Sat 26/04/03 at 00:28
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Actually its more like Halo is Premiership and TS2 is Conference
> material :)
>
> p.s The Smilie isn't because I am joking :)

Heh heh. Wrong topic.

You're stoo-ped.
Sat 26/04/03 at 01:31
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Woa woa woa, Thats maybe a bit too harsh Mr Dringo.
>
> Snuggly does'nt like Metroid Prime, While some people don't like Halo.
> Not every "AAA" title appeals to absolutely everyone. Fair
> deal heh?
>
> Ok so some people have'nt tried Metroid Prime in here, so what? Not
> many people follow every opinion of Snuggly, this thread was just a
> praise of Halo, which in my opinion is a truly fantastic game, but
> others may not.
>
> Snuggly was just saying that he prefers Halo more to Metroid Prime,
> thats his opinion.....
>
> Well at least I don't think everyone follows the opinion of
> Snuggly....

Read what I wrote... I was argueing with myself over the correctivness of Snuggers...

If that wasn't tongue in cheek nothing is!
Tue 29/04/03 at 14:29
Regular
goddamnit!!!!!!!

is there anything more annoying than loading Halo and discovering that after your previous 2 hour playing session YOU DIDN'T SAVE !!!!!??????

ooooh I'm choking on my own rage here.

BTW I only got it a week ago, haven't been playing constantly (due to uni work) and am currently on thte 'If I had a super weapon' bit of the assault on the control room.

I have the flood bits to come yet which I can't say I'm looking forward to, as I am not a big fan of games where you're in the dark and things jump out at you. (not soft or anything they just make you on edge all the time ;D ).

Up to now my favourite parts would have to be just about all of the assault on control room level, and towards the end of the halo/silent cartographer where you have to drive your warthog around and rescue marines.

By the way I'm doing it on Heroic, which I think is reasonably challenging, the idea of legendary doesn't appeal to me very much (!)
Tue 29/04/03 at 19:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I played a 1-against-2 match with two buddies last week, Slayer Pro, first to 50. Absolutely fantastic, the sight of two opponents both driving cars towards you and swerving around like crazy people made me soil myself. And I won, 50-48 - because I rock, of course.
Tue 29/04/03 at 19:49
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Only 9 months or so until the greatest game since Halo comes out...HALO 2 !!

Halo easily stands out as one of the best games I have ever played since I first started playing games on the Atari 2600.

And even better, I'm using Halo in my Geography dissertation :) Go figure on that everybody !
Tue 29/04/03 at 23:05
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
wrote:
> And even better, I'm using Halo in my Geography dissertation

Ok. I'm confused.

But I used the Xbox Controller as my Product Evaluation. Gave it 7/10 after 5 pages.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.