GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo - in retrospect"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Tue 22/04/03 at 10:27
Regular
Hey there people.

Ever since I bought my Xbox back in November, only one game has really held my attention up until the present day. You may be familiar with it, it's a little game called Halo, and I think I'm in love with it.

I won't waste your time waxing lyrical on how it's the best game since sliced bread as I'm sure you're all aware of how top it is. Instead, I wish to know your favourite levels, favourite games, best moments etc. I'm giving it another run through in co-op mode in Legendary at the moment, but am stil playing Deathmatches with alarming regularity.

Flavour of the month is the Hang 'Em High level complete with dozens of tombstones for cover. Old favourites include the ice level with Sniper rifles and all vehicles or the Blood Gulch level with snipers and all vehicles too.

Come on, get excited with me! Metroid Prime sucks! Halo rules!
Tue 22/04/03 at 21:55
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Indeed, just about every level was a great experience for me - so I can't name my favourite.

However, the award for the worst level will the same dull thing over and over again goes the The Library.

5.1 Surround sound and Halo were made for each other.
Tue 22/04/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I have completed the game 14 times

That's two whole hands and a nearly a foots worth of completions!

Thank God for fingers and toes!
Tue 22/04/03 at 23:31
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Just finished a 6 player link up Halo there now, and it still rules.

Make sure you sample Link up Halo, it rules.

Any way, game types- Unseendeath- a little game my frinds and I created and is perfect on Hang em High. Eveyones invisable, sniper rifles only. Increadably tense as everone eyes are strained trying to locate each other, and becomes tactical when you don't want to give away you position from those dam sniper trails.

Another Favourite- Death Race. Set the game to rally using Warthogs, eveyone has rocket launchers. The more players the better, having 8 people flying around in warthogs ramming each other for the flag is great fun. And when you bail out or die, just rocket someone else and nick their warthog.

Then there is the other 20 or so gametypes which are cool. CTF with large teams on Blood gulch, warthogs only is pretty tactical. You have to plan each attack, create decoys, defend etc. Slayer pro plays fast on battle creak and Chill out and is good for intense blasting.

I could go on...
Wed 23/04/03 at 18:44
Regular
"I am Nidal's Brothe"
has anyone got the two new guns on halo,the ones you can supposedly unlock
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:00
Regular
The Edge wrote:
> has anyone got the two new guns on halo,the ones you can supposedly
> unlock

There aren't any guns. I have completed the game 14 times on all difficulties on both Single and CO-OP mode and I didn't get a thing. There was supposedly a Flame thrower and a Huge gatlet gun included in the game but they were cut out of development at the end.
Thu 24/04/03 at 01:22
Regular
Metroid Prime sucks?

Really?

Snuggly said so must be true...

But he's comparing it to Halo they're like totally different games, Halo wouldn't win Adventure game award with Game Stars but Metroid Did.

True but he said it sucked... as in general.

I'm either blind or i've lost total respect for snuggers...

I think it's both.

Nah I'll just stick to blind it must be all that *blank* i get up to.
Thu 24/04/03 at 13:27
Regular
Woa woa woa, Thats maybe a bit too harsh Mr Dringo.

Snuggly does'nt like Metroid Prime, While some people don't like Halo. Not every "AAA" title appeals to absolutely everyone. Fair deal heh?

Ok so some people have'nt tried Metroid Prime in here, so what? Not many people follow every opinion of Snuggly, this thread was just a praise of Halo, which in my opinion is a truly fantastic game, but others may not.

Snuggly was just saying that he prefers Halo more to Metroid Prime, thats his opinion.....

Well at least I don't think everyone follows the opinion of Snuggly....
Thu 24/04/03 at 15:28
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Snuggle was joking. To wind you up. And it worked.

Duhhh.
Thu 24/04/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Aoe Master"
the last leval,going in a wart hog at 130 miles per hour,contarna speeking in 1 year grunts <>flood<>making<>there odd sound in there outher <>!!watching stuff
Thu 24/04/03 at 16:20
Regular
"He's back"
The last level, going in a warthog at 130 miles per hour, Cortana speaking in one ear, flood making they're odd sound in the other. Watching grunts dance, quickly before being run down.

That small cheat where you hear the grunt speak.

Beutiful......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.