GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo - in retrospect"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Tue 22/04/03 at 10:27
Regular
Hey there people.

Ever since I bought my Xbox back in November, only one game has really held my attention up until the present day. You may be familiar with it, it's a little game called Halo, and I think I'm in love with it.

I won't waste your time waxing lyrical on how it's the best game since sliced bread as I'm sure you're all aware of how top it is. Instead, I wish to know your favourite levels, favourite games, best moments etc. I'm giving it another run through in co-op mode in Legendary at the moment, but am stil playing Deathmatches with alarming regularity.

Flavour of the month is the Hang 'Em High level complete with dozens of tombstones for cover. Old favourites include the ice level with Sniper rifles and all vehicles or the Blood Gulch level with snipers and all vehicles too.

Come on, get excited with me! Metroid Prime sucks! Halo rules!
Tue 22/04/03 at 10:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hey there people.

Ever since I bought my Xbox back in November, only one game has really held my attention up until the present day. You may be familiar with it, it's a little game called Halo, and I think I'm in love with it.

I won't waste your time waxing lyrical on how it's the best game since sliced bread as I'm sure you're all aware of how top it is. Instead, I wish to know your favourite levels, favourite games, best moments etc. I'm giving it another run through in co-op mode in Legendary at the moment, but am stil playing Deathmatches with alarming regularity.

Flavour of the month is the Hang 'Em High level complete with dozens of tombstones for cover. Old favourites include the ice level with Sniper rifles and all vehicles or the Blood Gulch level with snipers and all vehicles too.

Come on, get excited with me! Metroid Prime sucks! Halo rules!
Tue 22/04/03 at 12:52
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:

> Come on, get excited with me! Metroid Prime sucks! Halo rules!

There you go comparing 2 completly different games.

It's like me saying ISS Pro Evo rules, Sonic Adventure 2 sucks.

This is the problem with gamers today, if a game isn't exactly like something they've played before then it automatically gets classfied as rubbish.

"Oooooo a new control setup and a new type of game, how can I possibly get my head around that one?"
Tue 22/04/03 at 13:06
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
That was a joke, intended to rile people like you. This thread isn't about Metroid, it's about Halo, so scram.

*raises back of hand*
Tue 22/04/03 at 13:11
Regular
Halo's rubbish anyway. Can't imagine why I clicked on the thread in the first place, I must be really 'that' bored.

*runs*
Tue 22/04/03 at 13:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*Nods in agreement with Tiltawhirl and runs*
Tue 22/04/03 at 13:48
Regular
I have Metroid Prime on order but I do have Halo :) I have completed the game 14 times and to this day (bar Shenmue 1) it is the best game I have ever played. My best moment was completing the game on Legendary Single player which was VERY VERY hard. My other favourite moment was when I purchased a 5.1 Dolby Digital system and hooked it up to my Xbox.

5.1 + HALO = An Awesome experience

You got a 5.1 system Snuggly?
Tue 22/04/03 at 13:52
Regular
kinda went awry that topic huh? :o)

Nah man I love halo, I haven't actually got my X-box yet - although its on the way. I think the first time you meet the flood is quite atmospheric, and any level where you extensively use vehicles are wicked.

although I'm a little disappointed that :
a) you can't have co-operative with a telly each
b) you can't have banshees in deathmatches

Apart from that its spanking and I am looking forward to it ruining my social life very soon
Tue 22/04/03 at 14:43
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Personally I'm not a big fan of FPSs, but Halo's so sweetly polished that I can't help liking it.

Favourite bits for me are the battle on the beach on the Silent Cartographer, and Guilty Spark - from the dark jungle to the visual recording from the dead solider's helmet. [After that the Flood come on in waves and they're a pain in the *ss].

Not played much of the mulit-player deathmatch stuff, and this is for one reason: I can't stand deathmatchs! I think I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't like that kind of thing. Gives me a headache.
Tue 22/04/03 at 18:51
Regular
Halo is indeed a top-notch FPS; spoiled only by the flood (already mentiond as a pain in the ass) and inconsistent level design. Goes from downright goreous levels to awful and repetitive.

Nice game tho'; can't wait for H2!
Tue 22/04/03 at 21:01
Regular
Halo is awesome.

Thats the game praise over with, lets talk about the game itself....

Fave level: The Silent Cartogrepher, absolutely astounding graphics wise, especially the beach landing.

Fave multiplayer - 8 Player "Prisoner" using our own customized version of "rockets", 100 frag limit. Frantic, very frantic, but fun non the less.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.