GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Champo 4: Recommend a player thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Championship manager 4'.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:53
Regular
A new thread for CM4. We can use the old one for general game chat, the discussion of our squads, and the likes. We can use this one for recommending good players, and potential talents. This way they will be kept together and easier to find! Preferably just naming the player and maybe a description, rather than general debate!
Tue 29/04/03 at 12:11
Regular
NAME: Jonathan Blondel
Nation: Belgium
Club: Tottenham
Postion: Attacking mid centre

heh, so spurs do have some young talent! Caught my eye when i noticed that he had scored 17 goals in 34 games from midfield for spurs. No idea if he worth buying straight away or what his stats are like when you start the game but he is quite a decent player at the age of 22 now. He is back-up behind Riquelme and Diego in my midfield but he should get in there soon as Riquelme is getting in to his late 20s

This guy has 20 for long shots +technique and scores quite a few 30 yrd screamers.

Cost me £6M.
Tue 29/04/03 at 12:16
Regular
Heres a pic of his stats

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mandeep.bains/blondel.JPG
Tue 29/04/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I haven't got CM4 yet (For some unbeknownst reason) but you might as well look for these two.

Gavin Williams (Yeovil Town)- He can score great goals, and set them up as well. In the FA cup last season, while at Hereford, he scored from 30 yards out against Swindon. He would have done the same vs Wrexham, but his shot hit the bar, and Ian Wright slid it in from a few yards. Wow.

Darren Fletcher (Man United)- Fantastic young winger, already in the first team. He makes fantastic runs down the wings, and is adept at passing.

Rock on!
Tue 29/04/03 at 16:53
NAME: Andrea Pirlo
Nation: Italy
Club: AC Milan
Postion: DM

An excellent alternative to Vieira, Ballack, Keane or Gilberto Silva. If you play him in the middle of the field with the arrow to where the AM would play he is superb, always scoring long shots and assisting the forwards. Really good at long passes and crosses. Pretty expensive though.
Tue 29/04/03 at 16:54
Name: Shunsuke Nakamura
Nation: Japan
Club: Reggina
Postion: Attacking mid right I think.

Very good. Leave him at Reggina for about half a season then look at him. Crossing rating is 20, passing 20, etc.
Sat 03/05/03 at 16:24
Name: Fabricio Coloccini
Nation: Argentina
Club: Milan Reserves at the beginning of the game
Postion: DC
Value: Get him in the first season if you can otherwise he will be expensive.

My god... how can no one have noticed this player before? I mean, he is very young, he has excellent stats such as heading, marking, passing, anticipation, aggression, bravery, determination all 20. Penalty taking 19, finishing and long shots 17, which is odd for a centre back. Influence 17. Tackling 19. I mean, he is a god. He keeps Lucio out my squad. He won Italian player of the year. He was in the Serie A dream team. What more could you want?
Tue 13/05/03 at 16:16
Name: Rafael Van Der Vaart
Nation: Netherlands
Club: Ajax
Postion: FC
Value: £12 million

A very good player.
Fri 23/05/03 at 09:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Name: Deco
Nation: Brazilian
Club: Porto
Postion: AMC
Value: Worth £4,500,000 at the start, but Porto will always negotiate, asking for around £9,000,000.

A quality player, with many 20s in his stats at the end of the first season. He had 5 20s and 3 19s after one season in my game but his value stayed incredibly low. Snap him up as quickly as you can as he just gets better and better.
Tue 27/05/03 at 23:10
Thought I would run all of the players already mentioned through an editor to see their potential. It’s a bizarre system, -1 or -2 is good, and also above about 170 is also good.

Anderson Polga = 183
Matthew Taylor = -2
Micheal Dawson = -2
Beto = 160
Ricardo Quaresma = 170
Joaquin = -2
Denilson = 180
Carlton Cole = -2
Mancini = 183
Freddy Adu = a rather perfect 200
Portillo = -2
Emmanuel Olisadebe = 170
Carlton, Danny = -1
Diego = 191
Mikel Arteta = 182
Albert Luque = -2
Ronaldinho = 195
Kleberson = 182
Tim Howard = 160
Shinji Ono = 160
Simao = 176
Micheal Carrick = 165
Ronaldo = 190
Jonathan Blondel = 170
Gavin Williams = 120
Darren Fletcher = -2
Andrea Pirlo = 190
Shunsuke Nakamura = 175
Fabricio Coloccini = 180
Rafael Van Der Vaart = 190
Deco = 185

A few I am adding now

Robinho = 191
Pablo Aimar = 190
Luke Moore = -2
P. O. Cavallero = 175
Rubinho = -2
Buffon = 190

That took me so damn long. You had better be grateful.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:03
Nobody cares, do they.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.