GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Champo 4: Recommend a player thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Championship manager 4'.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:53
Regular
A new thread for CM4. We can use the old one for general game chat, the discussion of our squads, and the likes. We can use this one for recommending good players, and potential talents. This way they will be kept together and easier to find! Preferably just naming the player and maybe a description, rather than general debate!
Wed 23/04/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Name: Freddy Adu
Club: none
Nationality: USA
Expected fee: ?? youth player so free
Position: AM

Description : Young player who just gets better and better from the age ok 17 in just amazing

Name: Mancini
Club: ?
Nationality: Brazil
Expected fee: ??
Position: D/AM right

Description :Good solid defender who is good at going forward too
Wed 23/04/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Name: Portillo
Club: Real Madrid
Nationality: Spanish (i think)
Expected fee: i got him for 4M although he was unhappy so maybe somewhere the 10M mark usually.
Position: Striker

Description : Amazing striker who has set the Premiership and the Champions League alight with his goals. Usually has a 50% strike ratio it seems on my highlights and is keeping James Beattie on the bench for my team.
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:55
Regular
NAME: Emmanuel Olisadebe
Club: PAO
Nationality: Polish
Expected fee: I paid £11.25 in the third season. Might be cheaper in the first though.

Complete forward who scored 19 goals from 25 starts in his first season for me. Not bad considering he was back up behind Rooney/Van Nistelrooy. Also got 19 assists in them games. Jumping 17, and heading 18...also has pace 15 and acceleration 14 so not a bad package at all.
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:59
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Name: Carlton, Danny
Club: Morecambe
Nationality: English
Expected Cheep as chips, around £20k at the most

Description: Youngster that can make it in 3rd and second division no probs. He doesn’t look like much but he’s young and has scored a lot for me, I am considering starting a premiership game and buying him just to see how good he could become with some decent coaching.
Wed 23/04/03 at 23:02
Regular
Name: Diego
Club: Santos
Nationality: Brazilian
Positon : attacking midfielder
Expected Fee: no idea, although he is worth £7M at the end of the 2nd season.

Has the wonderkid tag and lives up to it by looking at his stats. Just saw him on some program on sky sports earlier today (football mundial?) along with his mate Robinho.

Has 34 europeon clubs interested in him on my game...
Wed 23/04/03 at 23:15
Name: Alexander Mostovoi
Club: Celta
Nationality: Russian
Expected fee: £4 million
Position: AML

Description : Yeah, he is old, but he is also very good. Get him in the first season as in the third season he retires. He's excellent at set pieces, passing, and can score as well. Play him just behind the forwards, but don't expect him to zip past defenders, as he doesn't have that much pace. Tell him to hold up the ball, while faster players, such as Denilson, run by and if the pass reaches Denilson or whoever, there is a good chance he will cross it in and force a corner or maybe even a goal.

Name: Mikel Arteta
Club: Rangers
Nationality: Spanish
Expected fee: £4 million
Position: MC

Description: Yes, I had to include a Rangers player in there somewhere. But this one is surprisingly good. He's young, so he has a good future ahead of him, he can play in the best of clubs, such as Inter, and he works really well slap bang in the middle of the pitch. Play a good AM player in front of him (like Mostovoi) or a good DM behind him (like Anderson Polga), and good wingers outside him (like Denilson), don't instruct him to do anything, and he will churn out the 8 and 9 ratings each match. Unfortunately he is a bit injury prone.
Thu 24/04/03 at 00:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Name: Albert Luque
Club: Deportivo La Coruna
Nationality: Spanish
Expected Fee: Around £5,000,000 usually
Position: SC

Description:
A striker, who although isn't very well known and has a tough time actually getting in the first team squad due to having Diego Tristan and Roy Makaay to compete with can still bang in the goals, and does so when given the chance. Was just signed by Deportivo at the start of this season so has had various different clubs prior to this which means he's played at loads of different levels, and this makes him more experienced, and therefore he also doesn't take too long to adjust to a new club. Isn't that expensive either, and if used properly, you're almost guarenteed to make a profit when you finally sell him. As I said, he isn't a big name, but this season (in Champ Man) he has a far better strike rate than Roy Makaay and Diego Tristan, and he performs better overall as well. A worthy purchase if you're in need of a striker.
Thu 24/04/03 at 22:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Albert Luque is actually 24, but becomes 25 pretty soon after you start the game.

Just changing that. :-)
Thu 24/04/03 at 22:45
Name: Ronaldinho
Club: Paris S-G
Expected Fee: A lot, but only wants about 40k a week
Position: Left forward

Description:

Do I even need to say? Young, brilliant striker. At the moment he is beating Raul's, Shevchenko's, and RVN's scoring record in the Champions League. He also assists a lot, so if you can, don't give him an assist bonus.
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:58
Regular
Name: Kleberson
Club: Athletico Paramenese
Expected Fee: 6 mill
Position: Versatile right and centre midfielder

Description: Strong powerful ball win, shot to fame in the last world cup with his cross bar rattler in the final. A great youngster in Champo he has vision power and chips in the odd goal from midfield, takes a mean penalty and although at the start of the game may not be enough as your main CM he is a very good partner for a strong central payer and only ever improves with time. If you are remoulding your centre midfield I would recomend a partnership with fellow brasilian Anderson Polga forming a classy midfield for only 12-14 mil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.