GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Champo 4: Recommend a player thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Championship manager 4'.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:53
Regular
A new thread for CM4. We can use the old one for general game chat, the discussion of our squads, and the likes. We can use this one for recommending good players, and potential talents. This way they will be kept together and easier to find! Preferably just naming the player and maybe a description, rather than general debate!
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:53
Regular
A new thread for CM4. We can use the old one for general game chat, the discussion of our squads, and the likes. We can use this one for recommending good players, and potential talents. This way they will be kept together and easier to find! Preferably just naming the player and maybe a description, rather than general debate!
Wed 23/04/03 at 14:00
Regular
Name : Anderson Polga
Club : Gremio
Nationality : Brazilian (will get a work permit)
Expected fee: 6.5 mill
Position : Defensive midfield Centre

Description : Anderson Polga is a very solid centre midfielder, He is the closest thing i have found to an affordable viera or keane in the first season. Has good stats to begin with which develop quickly through out the first season. In My game he has provided a wealth of goals from the midfield, and is a respectable set piece and corner taker. One of my best early signings
Wed 23/04/03 at 14:05
Regular
Name : Matthew Taylor
Club : Portsmouth
Nationality : English
Expected fee: 3-4 mill
Position : D/AM L

Description : Matthew Taylor is a pacy left sided player, who in real life is touted as the solution to englands left sided problems, In Champo he provides a value for money left sided solution who's stats and value rise rapidly as he gets regular games. You should have few problems signing him as Pompey start in div 1 and should be willing to sell. I find he operates best as a left midfielder or a wing back, and prefer not to use him as an orthodox left back as he is much better going forward. By the end of the first season if he has played regularly at a top club he should be sellable for about 8 mill, but i would recommend keeping him as he only gets better. A certain Champo England player!
Wed 23/04/03 at 14:10
Regular
Name : Micheal Dawson
Club : Notts Forest
Expected fee: 1.1 mill (min fee)
Nationality : English
Position : DC

Description : A top young centre back, made all the better by his minfee release clause, seems to have very high potential and on normal hard training already has several twentys and was a fully established international for me at chelsea by the middle of the second season. One of the best value young centre backs in the game, can't really go wrong with him, and unlike some young centre backs you can confidently use him in the top flight from the start.
Wed 23/04/03 at 14:14
Regular
Name : Beto
Club : Sporting
Nationality : Portugese
Expected fee: 4-5.5 mill
Position : DC

Description : A member of the predatory young sporting team (which includes Niculae, Quaresma and Cristiano Ronaldo), a 25 year old centre back who is a very solid player from the start, Does a respectable job at what ever club he is at and is a regular real and barca target by the second season. A viable target for anyone looking for a classy second centre back to make there defence more solid.
Wed 23/04/03 at 14:20
Regular
Name : Ricardo Quaresma
Club : Sporting
Nationality : Portugese
Expected fee: 10 mill (at the start, break the bank later!)
Position : AMR

Description : Anyone who does not know about Ricardo Quaresma, is probably better of giving up champo now, One of the best young players by a country mile in both this Champo and its predecessor. If you can afford him, and are lucky enough to have a bid accepted he should be your main priority. Pace, Passing and skillful, he has the potential to become one of the most valuable players in the world, making you mre successful and perhaps make money of his sale in the future!
Wed 23/04/03 at 14:26
Regular
Name : Joaquin
Club : Betis
Nationality : Spanish
Expected fee: ? (very high, sometimes lower bids are occasionally accepted)
Position : AMR

Description : Mouth watering Stats and performance figures, He performs at the highest standard for Betis. Youth, assists, goals and a high average rating make him one of the best wide players in the game........ If you can afford him! £26 million is the lowest fee i have had accepted! I would recommend signing Ricardo quaresma instead as there is little peformance difference and quaresma is far cheaper and will make you a bigger profit in the long run if you sell him on.
Wed 23/04/03 at 14:48
Name: Denilson
Club: Betis
Nationality: Brazilian
Expected fee: £13 millionish
Position: AML

Description : An alternative to Pavel Nedved or Giggs. He has a lot of pace, is relatively young and can score. Play him with strikers that can header well and he will assist many times throughout the year.
Wed 23/04/03 at 14:49
Woah, Ashley, you managed to get Joaquin? How much did you need to offer him a week?
Wed 23/04/03 at 18:24
Regular
Name: Carlton Cole
Club: Chelsea
Nationality: English
Expected fee: ??
Position: striker

Description : Powerful Centre Forward, I Sold Hasselbaink and gudjohnsen and relied on youth to save the day, Carlton Cole did the job with style. A mighty 32 goals in the first season (in all comps) showed him to be one of the most promising forwards in the premier league.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.