GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doughnut monster...don't you just hate him?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 17:59
Regular
A comment I hear quite often that is and to be honest I am quite bored of it. Give the guy a chance.....I mean how many of you have actually tried to get to know him? I bet the number isn't that high. Stereotyping someone just because you don't happen to like what he posts on the forums? Is that right? Certainly not.

Okay, maybe some of his topics are a bit worthless....I want to make that clear that I to agree. Scott, you shouldn't post so many topics in short spaces of time. Also they should be slightly longer mate. I am not having a go, more giving you osme guidance. The members here tend to hold grudges I suppose, make a bad impression and that will hang over you for a long time.

Just have a think people....have you ever called him stupid? Had a laugh at him because you didn't like his post? If you have you should be ashamed. No one deserves this. Its not fair...everyone is equal..no one is different and because of this we should all be treated equally. Not ridiculed because you don't like what they write. What I am tyring to say is you should give him a chance.

If worst comes to worst I am happy to tell him/you what would help to make people like you more, but step one would have to be people giving Scott a chance. Hes not a bad guy. I talked to him on MSN and he seems quite nice. Nothing like I first thought. A sign of me doing what I am trying to make no one else do. Don't hate someone because someone else may....give them a chance...everyone deserves a chance.

Scott hasn't mentioned this, but he is in college and he gets bullied there.....just have a think what this would be like, being bullied. People come on the internet with expectations. They don't expect to be "bullied" here...why should they? I am not trying to get sympaphy for Scott, but being hated here isn't exactly doing much for his confidence.

Hes like us all....we all are. We all get a chance, give Scott his and forget what you thought. Give the guy a chance. Speak to him on MSN.....make an effort.

*scotts [email protected]*
Thu 15/11/01 at 19:01
Isn't it better to be straight out and honest?
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:59
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Sorry, disagree. If we hold back what we are feeling all the time, what the hell
> would these forums turn into?

"Oh yes, good point, lovely."

I
> have no intention of lying so someone else can get the false impression they're
> good at something.

But you don't have to lie, just don't say anything.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:57
Regular
But I DO agree with the equal respect for topics. If I write a topic which is crap, then I would hope people to tell me so. And tell me why.

I will try and read all topics by everyone, as long as I have the time.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:55
Regular
Sorry, disagree. If we hold back what we are feeling all the time, what the hell would these forums turn into?

"Oh yes, good point, lovely."

I have no intention of lying so someone else can get the false impression they're good at something.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:55
I agree totally,this place would be better if all of the regulars could remember when their name was that orangy colour.It doesn't matter if it was a good or bad time we all were new sometime.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:53
Regular
"everyone says it"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Yep, I completely agree with this topic, there should be no class levels in
> these forums, and no-one is better than anyone else. Any bullying I see will
> result in bannings. For God's sake, give new people a chance, they aren't all
> Albert Einstein you know. If you think a topic is crap then think it to
> yourself, there's no need to publicly humiliate someone.

True, but I still rule as the pinkie.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yep, I completely agree with this topic, there should be no class levels in these forums, and no-one is better than anyone else. Any bullying I see will result in bannings. For God's sake, give new people a chance, they aren't all Albert Einstein you know. If you think a topic is crap then think it to yourself, there's no need to publicly humiliate someone.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:23
My pleasure,I thought a good person should get it.
By the way,do you mean that even I get a second chance?
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:21
Regular
I have recently decided that everyone needs to have a chance...maybe even FFF if he has MSN, but what really matters is that I don't want to see anyone being insulted here.

Thanks for the vte by the way NG.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:14
What happens if your not around at the same time as him?
I'd try to make an effort to get to know people if they were around to talk with me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.