GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doughnut monster...don't you just hate him?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 17:59
Regular
A comment I hear quite often that is and to be honest I am quite bored of it. Give the guy a chance.....I mean how many of you have actually tried to get to know him? I bet the number isn't that high. Stereotyping someone just because you don't happen to like what he posts on the forums? Is that right? Certainly not.

Okay, maybe some of his topics are a bit worthless....I want to make that clear that I to agree. Scott, you shouldn't post so many topics in short spaces of time. Also they should be slightly longer mate. I am not having a go, more giving you osme guidance. The members here tend to hold grudges I suppose, make a bad impression and that will hang over you for a long time.

Just have a think people....have you ever called him stupid? Had a laugh at him because you didn't like his post? If you have you should be ashamed. No one deserves this. Its not fair...everyone is equal..no one is different and because of this we should all be treated equally. Not ridiculed because you don't like what they write. What I am tyring to say is you should give him a chance.

If worst comes to worst I am happy to tell him/you what would help to make people like you more, but step one would have to be people giving Scott a chance. Hes not a bad guy. I talked to him on MSN and he seems quite nice. Nothing like I first thought. A sign of me doing what I am trying to make no one else do. Don't hate someone because someone else may....give them a chance...everyone deserves a chance.

Scott hasn't mentioned this, but he is in college and he gets bullied there.....just have a think what this would be like, being bullied. People come on the internet with expectations. They don't expect to be "bullied" here...why should they? I am not trying to get sympaphy for Scott, but being hated here isn't exactly doing much for his confidence.

Hes like us all....we all are. We all get a chance, give Scott his and forget what you thought. Give the guy a chance. Speak to him on MSN.....make an effort.

*scotts [email protected]*
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Monkey Wonkey Wam Bam Spam.

I agree§
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:22
Regular
I have a confession to make here:

I actually look specifically for Dogsnuts topics and read them.

Not being funny, but whether he means them to or not, they normally bring a smile to my face.

He helps make the forums what they are, and isn't that the definition of a notable?

I can sense my vote changing it's destination as we speak....
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:20
Regular
Monkey Wonkey Wam Bam Spam.
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:13
Regular
Neo-Genetic wrote:
> My pleasure,I thought a good person should get it.
By the way,do you mean that
> even I get a second chance?

Everyone gets a second chance....other than JAson/Spider II as he is just down right annoying :P I have my reasons....that is all.
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:13
Regular
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Yep, I completely agree with this topic, there should be no class levels in
> these forums, and no-one is better than anyone else. Any bullying I see will
> result in bannings. For God's sake, give new people a chance, they aren't all
> Albert Einstein you know. If you think a topic is crap then think it to
> yourself, there's no need to publicly humiliate someone.

*ching* *ching* You've hit the money there Ali...by the way, is that tagline taking the mick out of him or laughing with him? I must know the truth ;)
Thu 15/11/01 at 19:15
But people think I'm mad because I'm not as open thus making me unpopular.
Thu 15/11/01 at 19:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'm not saying you shouldn't be open, free speech and all that. I'm just saying that if what you're going to say doesn't really need to be said and all it's going to do is offend someone, then what's the point? All it does is make you feel better.

I'm not against people speaking their minds on any subject, unless it involves constant barracking of other people or the words ****, ****** or *******. Now enough with the serious stuff and continue talking about monkeys and stuff.
Thu 15/11/01 at 19:06
I'll try to be more open in future,tell people what I'm really like,not some raving loon.
Thu 15/11/01 at 19:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
Snuggly. In the last news letter it said Loki had yor tagline.. that ain't trrrrruuuueeeeeeee.
Thu 15/11/01 at 19:01
Regular
Kinda spoils the whole meaning of discussion then mind... :0)

But I understand what you're getting at. I'll be less open in future.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.