GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doughnut monster...don't you just hate him?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 17:59
Regular
A comment I hear quite often that is and to be honest I am quite bored of it. Give the guy a chance.....I mean how many of you have actually tried to get to know him? I bet the number isn't that high. Stereotyping someone just because you don't happen to like what he posts on the forums? Is that right? Certainly not.

Okay, maybe some of his topics are a bit worthless....I want to make that clear that I to agree. Scott, you shouldn't post so many topics in short spaces of time. Also they should be slightly longer mate. I am not having a go, more giving you osme guidance. The members here tend to hold grudges I suppose, make a bad impression and that will hang over you for a long time.

Just have a think people....have you ever called him stupid? Had a laugh at him because you didn't like his post? If you have you should be ashamed. No one deserves this. Its not fair...everyone is equal..no one is different and because of this we should all be treated equally. Not ridiculed because you don't like what they write. What I am tyring to say is you should give him a chance.

If worst comes to worst I am happy to tell him/you what would help to make people like you more, but step one would have to be people giving Scott a chance. Hes not a bad guy. I talked to him on MSN and he seems quite nice. Nothing like I first thought. A sign of me doing what I am trying to make no one else do. Don't hate someone because someone else may....give them a chance...everyone deserves a chance.

Scott hasn't mentioned this, but he is in college and he gets bullied there.....just have a think what this would be like, being bullied. People come on the internet with expectations. They don't expect to be "bullied" here...why should they? I am not trying to get sympaphy for Scott, but being hated here isn't exactly doing much for his confidence.

Hes like us all....we all are. We all get a chance, give Scott his and forget what you thought. Give the guy a chance. Speak to him on MSN.....make an effort.

*scotts [email protected]*
Fri 16/11/01 at 10:39
Regular
well, i haven't found a thing wrong with DM yet.... though i'm not sure his tagline will get met.
Fri 16/11/01 at 10:32
"I hate that!!!"
There's always one exeption eh?
Fri 16/11/01 at 10:31
Regular
Mr Nice Guy wrote:
I did say 'Not
> everyone is perfect'

You were obviously the exception.

Thanks, I knew you'd see sense...

:-)
Fri 16/11/01 at 10:29
"I hate that!!!"
Your Honour wrote:
> I have a confession to make here:

I actually look specifically for Dogsnuts
> topics and read them.

Not being funny, but whether he means them to or not,
> they normally bring a smile to my face.

He helps make the forums what they
> are, and isn't that the definition of a notable?

I can sense my vote changing
> it's destination as we speak....

Thanks guys I never thought you cared *doughnut grins @ your honour*

This should apply to all newbies.
Fri 16/11/01 at 10:05
Regular
"Wasting away"
Your Honour wrote:

I was never a newbie, and I'm perfect.

I did say 'Not everyone is perfect'

You were obviously the exception.
Fri 16/11/01 at 09:58
Regular
I was never a newbie, and I'm perfect.
Fri 16/11/01 at 09:52
Regular
"Wasting away"
I some what agree with this. Newbies are mistreated but you will find that a lot of them are fine, people like Kitty and Misterhappy are people who'd I'd talk to anyday as they contribute well and post good topics.

Most of us here were once newbies and we didn't know anything about the place and I bet a lot of people were willing to help, it just gets to that stage were you find the same topic posted 100 times over asking 'Is GAD real' or 'Console Wars' that begins to irritate people.

Not everyone is perfect, Christ I'm far from it, but we do have the choice to treat others with some respect whether their name be gold, green,brown, pink or multicoloured it should make no odds.

It just seems that people who get this reputation to start with will have it for the rest of their time here.
Fri 16/11/01 at 08:06
Regular
Damn. Another one of these topics. Look at Turbo's I Hate You topic. Why's he and people like him leaving? Because spam spam spam. Sigh...
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:28
Regular
See! We all love you really Doughnut Monster.....WE LOVE YOU SCOTT!

*everyone looks at MJ very funnily*

"I didn't mean it literally or anything....."

*MJ leaves the room*

:-D
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:28
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:

"I agree§"

That's one hell of a typo. Instead of pressing just the ., you manage to press about five different keys in a seperate comb...

Oh right. You meant to write that.

Never mind.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.