GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is The XBOX actually worth the cash?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 20:56
Regular
Im Going to buy a shiny new XBOX, But I would like to know, Is It worth forking out £130 for one. I dont think there is. The Only reason I want one is to show off my gaming talents on XBOX Live. Can AnyOne Tempt Me?
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:27
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
£130? no its not worth it! Spend £149 and get the limited edition green one with the two type S controls!
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:22
Regular
"Laughingstock"
130 quid for the most powerful console on the market, a DVD player, a hard-drive, online gaming, and a catalogue of top games - of course it's bloody worth it!
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:14
Regular
Star Fury wrote:
> If your sole reason is to go on Live and "show off" then I'd
> rethink because there are some AMAZING people on it. Even if you're
> excellent at a game offline, doing it online it so much harder when
> you're up against decent players.

yes I discovered this when I got alien vs predator on the PC and went online.

No matter how good you think you are, there is always 6 million people geeky enough to make the game their whole life, and will make you look positively pathetic
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
If your sole reason is to go on Live and "show off" then I'd rethink because there are some AMAZING people on it. Even if you're excellent at a game offline, doing it online it so much harder when you're up against decent players.

But yes, it's worth it, though I'd shop around and grab one of the many bundles there are in the shops, you can get the console with some great deals if you put in a bit of effort having a look around.
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:11
Regular
"8==="
Halo. Desert storm. Best console for Timesplitters 2.

Online goodies:

moto gp
whacked
unreal
mechassault
wolfenstein
Ghost recon

Basically if you like to shoot things online its the best console

oh and its getting perfect dark exclusively too
Wed 07/05/03 at 20:56
Regular
Im Going to buy a shiny new XBOX, But I would like to know, Is It worth forking out £130 for one. I dont think there is. The Only reason I want one is to show off my gaming talents on XBOX Live. Can AnyOne Tempt Me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.