GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is The XBOX actually worth the cash?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 20:56
Regular
Im Going to buy a shiny new XBOX, But I would like to know, Is It worth forking out £130 for one. I dont think there is. The Only reason I want one is to show off my gaming talents on XBOX Live. Can AnyOne Tempt Me?
Sun 11/05/03 at 01:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I took Alastairs list and looked at the scores on www.gamerankings.com, gamerankings collates all review scores and produces an average, there is no bias or fanboyism in this post. The average game score will appear beside each game name.

Deathrow-80%
Project Gotham Racing-86%
Amped-81%
Buffy:The vampire slayer-79.5%
Jet Set Radio Future-88%
Dead Or Alive 3-85%
Blinx: The Timesweeper-75%
Mech Assault-88%
Splinter Cell-92.8%
Ghost Recon-84.2%
Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball-74.2%
Crazy Taxi 3-69%
Gun Valkyrie-75%
House Of The Dead 3-70%
Oddworld:Munch's Oddysee-80.5%
Panzer Dragoon Orta-90%
Max Payne-85.8%
Indiana Jones-77.6%

Average game score-81.2%
Sun 11/05/03 at 01:07
Regular
Your wish is granted (however I still think it is good although its not a touch on Sunshine).
Sun 11/05/03 at 00:56
Regular
Oh please

Blinx is an insult to gamers everywhere.

It should be stricken from the list with haste.
Sun 11/05/03 at 00:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Deathrow - So good Alastair mentioned it twice.
Sun 11/05/03 at 00:19
Regular
How about:

Deathrow
Project Gotham Racing
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
Buffy: Vampire Slayer
Jet Set Radio Future
Dead or Alive 3
Blinx: TimeSweeper
Mech Assault
Splinter Cell
Ghost Recon
Dead or Alive: Beach Volleyball
Crazy Taxi 3
Deathrow
Gun Valkyrie
House of Dead 3 + GUN
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Max Payne
Indiana Jones

There are other games such as RalliSport Challenge and WWE RAW which are worth a rental to see if you like them.

Mav you shouldn't have wasted your money if you think there are only 2 games worth owning. I class all of the above as must purchases and if I had the money I would get them all. Each console has games worth owning but generally if there aren't enough games you don't get the console. If you think that Halo and Morrowind are the only games worth getting an Xbox for then you clearly haven't looked into other titles. I know you will counter my list with excuses but the fact is they are all great games.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:55
Regular
Name me some games other than Morrowind and Halo that I should be playing, then.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:34
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Maverick42 wrote:
> £130.00 for a console you'll play two games on really isn't worth it..

I dont mean to start an arguement here, but it is YOU who can only find 2 games to play on the X-Box. People like myself have many other games for X-Box and enjoy them very much.

The X-Box is worth the money if you are going to play enough games on it, but for people like yourself Mav, then it obviously isn't worth it. So in the end, only the individual can decide whether something is worth the cost or not.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:27
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
maverick wrote:
> I think it's fairly safe to say that the Xbox has a rather poor selection of games at the moment.

Er, no thats lies. It doesn't have alot of games you wanna play, but it has more games I wanna play on it than the GC.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:14
Regular
While tastes differ - I think it's fairly safe to say that the Xbox has a rather poor selection of games at the moment. £130.00 for a console you'll play two games on really isn't worth it..

Get it second hand, mate.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:09
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Mav, you don't think its worth £130, but to someone else who has completey different tastes to you when it comes to gaming, it might be a steal.

I thought Xbox was worth £300. I proably wasn't wise paying that price, but I havn't regreted it to this day, and if I had to do it again i'd still pay it. I've got over £300s worth of enjoyment form my Xbox and I've only had it over a year so when you think about it £130 isn't big money, or a hard decision. If you want one, pay £130 and enjoy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.