GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEGA trouble"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/05/03 at 16:25
Regular
I can't stand it!

According to Upwire.com, SEGA are not merging with Sammy or Namco...Meaning, is it EA, Microsoft or Nintendo?!?!?

I don't want it to be EA...EA would ruin them.

I don't want it to be Nintendo - They are in enough trouble themselves

I guess, allthough I would prefer to see them on their own, Bill would be the best buyout becouse I have his console, and it has the best Online facilities, graphics, and a lot of dosh to fund the SEGA costs.

What do you think? Anybody know whats going on? I can't stand this multiformat crap, I can't stand seeing them all over the place! I just hope they pick a console, and fast!
Fri 09/05/03 at 18:48
Regular
I would prefer EA.

At least that way they would stay multi-format.

Not too bothered at the moment though, Sega have been making a load of crap recently.
Fri 09/05/03 at 17:55
Regular
"8==="
On a serious note and this will no doubt be unpopular considering the conference this was posted in (doesnt give people a proper chance to say cube or EA if its just in the xbox conf eh?).

I'd have to say nintendo, because i want a force to balance out microsofts xbox. Sega and Nintendo understand one another as they've been competing for so long (imagine what sega could bring to nintendos established titles).

EA and Sony can go to hell as far as buying SEGA is concerned.
Fri 09/05/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I wish SEGA would commit all their future titles exclusively to Xbox. They have in the main part anyway. They should now go all the way. The Xbox is successful and will become more so with Xbox 2 etc. So hopefully it'll be Microsoft. Definately not EA, that would be too horrid for words.

I think I read somewhere that a new Virtua Cop game will be exclusively on Xbox, and I'm praying for Shenmue 3 and Rez 2 to be exclusively on MS's console.

Yep, the time is now to stick 2 fingers up at SONY & Nintendo and jump aboard the Xbox ship. Let them feed in the money so the SEGA development teams can concentrate on what they do best: making fun, original and glossy games.
Fri 09/05/03 at 17:48
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
PLEASE NOT EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will DESTROY Sega! If EA buy Sega every Sega game will go multiplatform and therefore turn crap! We want exclusive Sega titles.

Sega and Nintendo joining? Its not meant to be.

Microsoft........ YES!
Fri 09/05/03 at 17:46
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:

> I don't want it to be Nintendo - They are in enough trouble
> themselves

I hardly think so.

Anyway, I doubt Sega'll be merging with anyone in the near future.
Fri 09/05/03 at 16:51
Regular
"8==="
i think sega will develop a time machine. go back and tell themselves the future and then sega will conquer the world! hopefully bill gates'll be serving the SEGA board tea or something...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.