GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEGA trouble"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/05/03 at 16:25
Regular
I can't stand it!

According to Upwire.com, SEGA are not merging with Sammy or Namco...Meaning, is it EA, Microsoft or Nintendo?!?!?

I don't want it to be EA...EA would ruin them.

I don't want it to be Nintendo - They are in enough trouble themselves

I guess, allthough I would prefer to see them on their own, Bill would be the best buyout becouse I have his console, and it has the best Online facilities, graphics, and a lot of dosh to fund the SEGA costs.

What do you think? Anybody know whats going on? I can't stand this multiformat crap, I can't stand seeing them all over the place! I just hope they pick a console, and fast!
Sat 10/05/03 at 19:59
Regular
Crazy Taxi also sucks.
Sat 10/05/03 at 19:29
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:

> Jet set and Crazy Taxi are great games. I just think they may not fit
> well with nintendos protfolio - which scares me...

Errrrrr Jet Set Radio...innovative, quirky and original.

If there's one console that the game belongs on then it's Gamecube. I can almost gurantee you that if released on Cube it would have sold better than it did on Xbox, it went down pretty unoticed on Xbox but these are the kinds of games that Cube thrives on.

Crazy Taxi suits all 3 consoles really, though the series has gone massively downhill and IMO would have been better off staying in the arcades.
Sat 10/05/03 at 18:38
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> I really hope they don't go with Nintendo...It's just not right! And
> games like Jet set and Carzy Taxi, and House of the dead will be
> dropped for more Monkey Balls, and Eggs...which are allright, But I do
> prefer the more 'adult' of the SEGA games.

Nintendo and Sega are just about the most alike companies you're going to get, them joining would be quite sensible - more 'right' than if they did so with Microsoft. Oh - and Crazy Taxi and Jet Set for adults? Yeah..

And Super Monkey Ball is rock hard.
Sat 10/05/03 at 16:40
Regular
Tilta I have completed MOH Frontline (including the hard bit at the end) and I can honestly say that the game is VERY mediocre once you are passed the excellent opening level. I own Medal of Honour + Underground, Half Life + Counter Strike + Opposing Force, Deus EX, Halo, Metroid Prime, Project IGI and Rogue Leader 2 and after completing those MOH Frontline is like a game waiting for the later stages of development to start. I have played and completed many FPS games and I can honestly say that MOH Frontline was VERY disappointing for me and I didn't like it at all after the first area.
Sat 10/05/03 at 12:57
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Opening to MOH Frontline is good but the rest of the game is mediocre.

It's not really though, it's all pre scripted and completly linear.

Anyone who says that really can't have played very far into the game, some of the later levels are utter class. The AI is pretty dumb but there's enough Germans on screen for this to not really matter.

The atmosphere is brilliant and because of the fact you have to start the level again when you die, it gets really tense at times. Some of the gun fights in the ruined city's are absoloute gaming genius.

I'm really looking forward to Rising Sun or whatever the next one's called, can't wait to do the Pearl harbour levels and destroy the bridge of the river Kwai.

The addition of co-op play will be brilliant and hopefully because it's being made from scratch there will be console specific extras and we won't have to suffer the PS2 style, glitchy graphics.
Sat 10/05/03 at 12:47
Regular
I think any one of them could be a good possibility.

Sega are EA's biggest rivals in the multi-format industry, so it would make sense to cancel them out and gain more profit. EA may become the most profitable force in the industry - it's good business.

Sega have committed a lot of games as exclusive to Microsoft - and as of yet, it's their most familiar and researched console. What with MS being on the hunt for developers to bring it up from third place, it wouldn't be surprising.

The bond between Sega and Nintendo is stronger than ever - they have the best relationship out of the three buyers, and previous potential purchasers Namco are quite close too - suggesting a link. Plus, after losing Rare, Nintendo may be looking at giving MS a kick back.
Sat 10/05/03 at 00:25
Regular
"Laughingstock"
A new SEGA console, that's what's needed, with more exclusives than you can shake a stick at.

*Realizes this is an insane comment and vanishes*
Fri 09/05/03 at 23:02
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Alastair wrote:
> Opening to MOH Frontline is good but the rest of the game is mediocre. Nightfire after long consideration is possibly the worst Bond game to date.

Hey, you're reading my mind. MOH gets more dissipointing the more you play. AI is crap, shallow gameplay, but gets the styling and atmosphere right. A mate lent me Nightfire a few weeks ago. Its crap, barely an improvemnt on the Agent under fire junk. I played it twice and now its sitting there gathering dust- im not going to waste my time playing it.

MS if anyone should nab SEGA. but prefearably i'd want to see them go on as they are as Multiformat developers to continue to get on their feet. But more Sega Xbox exclusives, a new Jet Set radio game for example, would be great.
Fri 09/05/03 at 22:04
Regular
Opening to MOH Frontline is good but the rest of the game is mediocre. Nightfire after long consideration is possibly the worst Bond game to date. The Sims has to be the most BORING way to spend an hour of your life apart from when you first get it and every FIFA game since 98 has been nothing short of terrible.
Fri 09/05/03 at 20:29
Regular
They wouldn't release every game across all formats, it be just like it is now.

Too be honest, as much as everyone just wants to badmouth EA, if they bought out Sega I certainly don't beleive it would ruin them. It would just be the same old Sega, with more funding and the EA logo at the start of the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.