GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEGA trouble"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/05/03 at 16:25
Regular
I can't stand it!

According to Upwire.com, SEGA are not merging with Sammy or Namco...Meaning, is it EA, Microsoft or Nintendo?!?!?

I don't want it to be EA...EA would ruin them.

I don't want it to be Nintendo - They are in enough trouble themselves

I guess, allthough I would prefer to see them on their own, Bill would be the best buyout becouse I have his console, and it has the best Online facilities, graphics, and a lot of dosh to fund the SEGA costs.

What do you think? Anybody know whats going on? I can't stand this multiformat crap, I can't stand seeing them all over the place! I just hope they pick a console, and fast!
Sun 11/05/03 at 18:15
Regular
The reason for the games split is to do with the developers, not the audience.

Amusement Vision love the GC, which is why their Monkey Ball games are only on the GC.

You say that Panzer is not a Nintendo style game? Well Jet Set is not an Xbox style game, what's your point?

And for the record, Panzer is nothing but a Star Fox game with dragons anyway, and it would suit the GC far more than it would the Xbox.

XBox is a western console, and most people who bought it wanted to play mindless games of guns and blood, which is why JSRF sold badly and Sega agreed to let it be given away free with every console; it was the only way they could get any money from it.
Sun 11/05/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Having thought about it a bit more, maybe SEGA going exclusively with Nintendo would be [possibly] the best option.

Just think of the likes of JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, the Shenmue series, Crazy Taxi 4, Rez 2, Toejam & Earl, etc, etc along side Zelda, Mario, F-Zero and co.

Would be a tempting and wholesome mix.
Sun 11/05/03 at 15:54
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> I still like GC - But allthough many of you disagree, I don't think
> SEGA and Nintendo match. While JRSF is original, its a completly
> differant style of original to say, Pikmin and Lugis Mansion. All 3
> are good games - but I don't think they match.

All Nintendo games are different styles to eachother. Jet Set Radio pratically screams Nintendo, it's one of my favourite games of all time, so addictive, original, with not a care for appearance... perfect Nintendo game. So is Sonic, Crazy Taxi would blend in fine with the other Nintendo racers, Virtual Fighter will bring a beat 'em up to a console that doesn't have much competition, Shenmue will work as its an epic title and with so many zelda fans on the format will work well. There's only one set of games that wouldn't do so well and that's sega sports, but if Nintendo combined it with their small sports range and again a low competition situation arises.

> And as for HOTD3. Have you ever seen ONE decent lightgun game on a
> Nintendo system since the NES?

Exactly... an untapped Market.
Sun 11/05/03 at 14:32
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> I still like GC - But allthough many of you disagree, I don't think
> SEGA and Nintendo match. While JRSF is original, its a completly
> differant style of original to say, Pikmin and Lugis Mansion. All 3
> are good games - but I don't think they match.

Why do they need to match - are you trying to tell me that you think all the games on one console should be exactly the same?

Eternal Darkness and Pikmin are 2 amazingly original and innovative games made by Nintendo, but at the same time they've got about as much in common with each other as chocolate and herpees.

Last time I checked there where no good lightgun games on home consoles, fair enough some are better than others but they're all a big waste of money in the long run. They're fun at first but a few days later it dawns on you what a waste of time they are.

I had House of the Dead 2 and Confidential Mission on my Dreamcast, they were fun at first but after the initial excitement of using a gun to shoot things on your TV wares off, you're left with an amazingly shallow and boring gaming experience.

Keep games like that in the arcade, it's were they belong.
Sun 11/05/03 at 13:47
Regular
You need to consider the fact that SEGA are Japanese....

I think Capcom would be a good choice personally :D
Sun 11/05/03 at 11:48
Regular
I never liked them anyway.
Sun 11/05/03 at 11:03
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:

Granted, but if you consider House of the Dead 3 a decent lightgun game then you really can't have played many. Plus, you cannot say the Xbox is more of a lightgun friendly console for Sega to produce for - the only game that supports a gun is made by Sega themselves.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:32
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Id love to own a GC, coz hey, 2 consoles are better than one. But i don't have the money now and the draw to get one isn't all that great.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:11
Regular
By your logic, then, you should probably also own a GameCube.
Sat 10/05/03 at 22:58
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I admit that JSR Future probably would have been better recieved on GC than Xbox, basicaly because the GC's audience are clued in, open minded about games and will by JSRF even though it's quirky.

But JSR was one of the games that purswaded me to get an Xbox. I loved the original to death, so I just had to get the sequal. I probably will buy any console that the series appears on, I just gotta play it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.