GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEGA trouble"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/05/03 at 16:25
Regular
I can't stand it!

According to Upwire.com, SEGA are not merging with Sammy or Namco...Meaning, is it EA, Microsoft or Nintendo?!?!?

I don't want it to be EA...EA would ruin them.

I don't want it to be Nintendo - They are in enough trouble themselves

I guess, allthough I would prefer to see them on their own, Bill would be the best buyout becouse I have his console, and it has the best Online facilities, graphics, and a lot of dosh to fund the SEGA costs.

What do you think? Anybody know whats going on? I can't stand this multiformat crap, I can't stand seeing them all over the place! I just hope they pick a console, and fast!
Sun 11/05/03 at 22:58
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I would say that Sega Games are very similar to Nintendo games, and that the two markets over lap well. Sega games may have sold better on GC.

That reminds me. I have to pick up HOTD 3 and Panzer Dragoon when my GCSEs are funished.
Sun 11/05/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Maverick42 wrote:
> If by magnificent, you mean mindless and repetitive hack-n-slash then
> yes, I suppose it does.

Nothing wrong with mindless and repetitive hack-n-slash when it's done with extravagance and style.
Sun 11/05/03 at 21:25
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
> From Softwares "Otogi", which looks magnificent.

If by magnificent, you mean mindless and repetitive hack-n-slash then yes, I suppose it does.
Sun 11/05/03 at 21:23
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> And besides. I REALLY doubt if SEGA would merge with them. Nintendo
> are in a bit of trouble themselves at the moment (don't try to denie
> it - I love Nintendo and have a cube but have to say its not really
> doing that well sale wise) and why would SEGA place themselves on the
> 3rd best selling console, with a company not doing so well themselves
> finacialy anyways, and would only want 1/2 there games? It don't make
> sense. All those games being scheduled for XBOX and PS2 - Nintendo and
> SEGA combined don't have the funds to replace them all, or port them
> this far along! In fact the only one capable of that is Bill Gates.

I doubt your doubt. Nintendo are not in trouble - their sales expectations were too high, and so the GameCube hasn't performed in that respect. They still remain the best businessmen in the industry - making more profit year after year than Sony and Microsoft's Gaming Divisions. You may also want to note that it's the Xbox that's in third place - not the GC.

And what's this about Nintendo wanting only half of Sega's games? Surely if they purchased the company, they'd want everything they could squeeze out of them? Of course, as Nintendo have just about double the standards Sega do these days, you could expect longer development times to prevent poor games (something Sega's spewed out a handful of recently).

To be honest - going to Nintendo makes the most sense for both companies and is the most likely move.
Sun 11/05/03 at 19:55
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:

> I just do not think that the MAJORITY of the Nintendo audiance will
> welcome Panzar dragon, Shemnue or possibly Jet Set. Why do you think
> SEGA released them on XBOX and Sonic and Monkey Ball on GC? Becouse of
> auidiances...and with no auidiance for Shemnue 3 or another Panzar
> Dragon - why make them?!?!

I wish someone had actually got some sales figures for these games on Xbox, they where complete flops. They went down about as well as a king sized log that wouldn't flush.

Shenmue and Panzar Dragoon are the kinda games the majority of Cube owners go for.
Sun 11/05/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Trix wrote:
> And I think the XBOX is the best place for exclusive Sega games.

Absolutely. That's why I plumped for Xbox. Long may it continue.
I'm pretty sure the Shenmue series will continue on Xbox, and SEGA are even beginning to publish games they didn't develop on Xbox - e.g. From Softwares "Otogi", which looks magnificent.

Smilebit are my favourite yeam - JSRF has got to be my favourite SEGA game.
Sun 11/05/03 at 19:06
Regular
Sega rule! Especially Hitmaker and Smilebit.
And I think the XBOX is the best place for exclusive Sega games.
Sun 11/05/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Laughingstock"
TGMbloke wrote:
> Yeah, I know what you mean. Becouse of there many teams, they can
> produce games like Sonic, Monkey Ball and Toe Jam plus HOTD, Crazy
> Taxi, jet Set and Shemnue - not many publishers can do ALL that.

True.
If only the Dreamcast hadn't failed, then we'd have every SEGA game exclusively on ONE console. Problem solved.
Sun 11/05/03 at 18:47
Regular
"Laughingstock"
TGMbloke wrote:
> Im one of them...

So am I.
I don't know what it is, but most of their games just fall between fantasy and reality.... something I can't properly explain.
Sun 11/05/03 at 18:28
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I reckon JSRF, Panzer Dragoon, HOTD3, Toejam & Earl 3 would've gone down a storm on the Gamecube - as would've most of the recent non-GC SEGA games, apart from possibly Shenmue 2.

If SEGA had committed exclusively to the Gamecube I wouldn't have complained. I think it would've worked, and it also would've boosted the sales of the Gamecube. There's a lot of obsessive SEGA fans out there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.