GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need selling ideas. Any suggestions?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/04/07 at 12:39
Regular
Hi there. Just need a bit of help from you guys. Am trying to make a bit of money from selling stuff. I got an idea of what I can sell at school to my friends, which is bouncy balls. Everyone loves bouncy balls and I looked on ebay and have found 500 for only 24 quid. Then I thought maybe water pistols I can take to school and make a bit of profit on.....but then found I wouldnt make enough for it to be worth the hassle. So if you guys have got any ideas of small, worthless, eye catching stuff then please list it on here.

Thanking you! =cD
Thu 03/05/07 at 22:03
"No longer in use"
Sweets, definitely. You want red astro belts, there's a boy at our school who buys them for 5p and sells them for 10p and must make a tenner a day. Refreshers, Bruisers and all those sweet bars sell well too.

I also get paid to write sellers descriptions on eBay for items by 3 or 4 people at school who sell on eBay as i'm the top of the year at English :)
Sun 29/04/07 at 15:45
Regular
lol! Great idea. But teachers wont buy that off me :D
Sun 29/04/07 at 14:59
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Infiltrate a gang of smokers and sell the information to the teachers.
Sun 29/04/07 at 14:48
Regular
LOL sounds like a profitable scheme, but if anyone in our school who got caught smoking are excluded.....

So thats a no go, sorry :)
Sun 29/04/07 at 13:09
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I used to sell single cigarettes around school. 50p a fag and plenty o business just a bit gay when I got caught.
Sun 29/04/07 at 00:06
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Damn, I want to play Theme Park now. I was reading a review of the DS version t'other day, but I think I should try Them Park World. Never played that, and I'm sure it's on one of these budget ranges for the PC now, so it's probably a fiver. Hmmm. And Theme Hospital. That was absolutely great.

Why am I thinking about these things now, when I should be revising. Balls.
Sun 29/04/07 at 00:00
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sibs wrote:
> Nin wrote:
> Or buy the really hot ones, sell them cheap enough to get
> everyone to buy and then hike up the price of drinks.
>
>
> Aha, like a real life Theme Park.
>
> "Mwahaha, the fries are dirt cheap, but they're so salty
> you'll need to buy my horrendously overpriced drinks after
> eating them!!!"

Yep, thats where i learnt it from :D
Sun 29/04/07 at 00:00
Regular
lol nice. Im trying to win a mini cooper of classis Gold FM radio station! Its one of those competitions where you but a bid on the car, and the lowest unique bid wins. So in other words, you must have the lowest price that no one else in the whole competition has bidded before. For example I did something like 22 pounds 42 pence and I got a message back saying "Sorry, your bid is not unique. 7 people have already placed this bid"

What are the chances. Millions of entries must have been sent in, and at 1.50 a go, the company in charge must be rolling in it! I only entered because on this one day, it was free to sent in one bid on any phone. So, of course, rounded up my whole family, nabbed their mobiles and sent 5 bids for free :D

Hopefully I will get a text soon saying "Congratulations, you have won a mini cooper"
LOL meh
Sat 28/04/07 at 23:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Nin wrote:
> Or buy the really hot ones, sell them cheap enough to get
> everyone to buy and then hike up the price of drinks.

Aha, like a real life Theme Park.

"Mwahaha, the fries are dirt cheap, but they're so salty you'll need to buy my horrendously overpriced drinks after eating them!!!"
Sat 28/04/07 at 23:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I won a CD + T-shirt off the radio once.

And I've got into a bunch of gigs for free (+ the Isle of Wight festival... When it was crap) and got loads of free CDs as I ran an online punk zine.

Apart from that... And GADs... Nothing I can think of. Oooh, I did win one of those fair games... Guess how many sweets in the jar. But I only got half the jar, as someone else guessed the same as me.

And our department at Uni bribe us to fill out these 'how good was your course/lecturer' surveys otherwise no-one does them. I've never won anything good though. I won the choice of some CDs/DVDs/extra 200MB disk space/or something else quite crap... In the end opted for the Department giving £2 to charity. The top prizes are iPods/DS Lites.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.