GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Portable PlayStation! Portable PlayStation!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/05/03 at 18:36
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2599

Sweet Lord.
Wed 14/05/03 at 14:24
Regular
Hmm. We're starting with a pretty big screen, 4.5".

If it folds over gba style it could cary it off.

Then again if it'll have an analgoue stick or two it'll need to be bigger still (can't fold on top of the sticks, so it'll need to overlap on one half).

TV connection? That's what my PS2 and cube are for. A nice feature, but essential? In a *portable* machine? Come on...

I think I'll save judgement for when we have more details.
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:23
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> wOrD
> Better look and taste nice.
> And have mp3 abilities.
> And cook bacon.
> And be lighter than air.
> And lemony fresh.

Lighter than air? Better make sure you don't drop it, because you're never seeing it again.

And I always said they should use discs, but apparently by using discs you bump the cost of the hardware up. Needs a motor, see.
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Then again if it'll have an analgoue stick or two it'll need to be
> bigger still (can't fold on top of the sticks, so it'll need to
> overlap on one half)

Strangely I was thinking about this the other day - I came to the conclusion that you could just push the sticks into the console, pull them out again when needed.
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:44
"period drama"
Yar, when you push them down they'd be more like d-pads (still useable) then you could pop em' up and use the as sticks.
T'would be cool.

Okay, okay.
It should be exaclty the same weight as air, so it'll just float exactly where you leave it. Unless there's a wind blowing ....
Drat.
Ahem: It should weigh as much as a ferret in in toupee.
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:58
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
But some air has to be on the ground.
Wed 14/05/03 at 19:11
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
Your portable playstation will never out sell the Brillant Nintendo GBA
Wed 14/05/03 at 21:10
Regular
"  "
Shall I take my SP back? Oh, and do you reckon you could back up PSOne games on these Mini Disks like you can with Music Mini Disks (With music CD's)
Wed 14/05/03 at 21:16
"period drama"
Blank wrote:
> But some air has to be on the ground.

Your mum.
Wed 14/05/03 at 22:30
"I love yo... lamp."
It certainly sounds interesting and adds a bit of variety. But I think its going to be very hard for them to get a really good market presence. The GBA is so far ahead. It kills everything. The Game Gear never made it. And it was pretty decent I think. It also was from a big company. Sure I think Sony will push the Portable Playstation but I dont think it can catch up with the GBA. There is going to be a lot of competition in the near future, but instead of it all being at the expense of Ninty, its going to be Sony versus Nokia and its N-Gage. Plus mobile phone games are getting better and better. But only time will tell.
Wed 14/05/03 at 22:34
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I'd quite like it to have Bluetooth.

Not only could you then interface with your PC, you could maybe have wireless headphones, extra wireless control pads for multiplayer, aswell as linking up to another PSP wirelessly.

And perhaps using a piece of PC software, you could have online multiplayer through your PC and bluetooth, to someone elses PC and bluetooth console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.