GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP to trounce Gameboy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/05/03 at 20:50
Regular
Fully 3D handheld console with disc based format...

Oh dear.

And the Playstation name can sell.
Thu 22/05/03 at 23:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Strafex wrote:
> Blank, FF3 on the Snes IS FF6.
>
> The Japanese FF3-5 didn't get released in the west.
> They wanted to release FF6 in the west, but because only 1 and 2 had
> been released there, they titled it FF3.
>
> I think it's the same one anyway.
>
> Kefka, right?

Sorry! I thought you were talking about the REAL FF3. I must've missed the start when you said it was the SNES version - I knew all about this.

Well anyway, I've never completed FF6 because...I don't know really. I stopped playing it for a while, then I had exams, and I've just never really picked it back up. I promised myself I will fo though, as it's generally seen as one of the greats of the series. I can't see it surpassing FF7 though. Now that is one sweet game.
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:33
Regular
er-no wrote:
> Secret of Mana.

Secret Mana was a cross between Final Fantasy and Zelda.
Good, but I think it could be done better.

Chrystal Chronicals on GC is meant to work in this way...
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:32
Regular
Blank, FF3 on the Snes IS FF6.

The Japanese FF3-5 didn't get released in the west.
They wanted to release FF6 in the west, but because only 1 and 2 had been released there, they titled it FF3.

I think it's the same one anyway.

Kefka, right?
Wed 21/05/03 at 14:23
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, my just over thirty hours save I hadn't done the weapons or got the gold chocobo. I have actually done it though, and it increased my time by a few hours.

Best game ever for me as well.
Wed 21/05/03 at 14:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well i bred a gold chococbo and levelled my characters pretty much to the max. Collected all of their ultimate weapons, defeated the ruby and emerald weapons.

Best game ive ever played.
Wed 21/05/03 at 14:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
90!? Jesus, what did you do? You must've been breeding chocobos for ages.
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Blank wrote:
> FF7 took me over thirty hours first time through, and from
> what I've heard from others that's a small amount.

Yep, i'd clocked up over 90 by the time i'd finished.
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
Secret of Mana.
Tue 20/05/03 at 22:34
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Haven't been in this topic for a while, so I looked back and found people talking about DVD capabilities? If we're still talking about the PSP, how could it have DVD capabilities? How many slots is this thing going to have? How huge will it be?

And Whitestripes - I've never played FF3 or Golden Sun, but I've played FF6-10, and I can tell you three hours won't get you anywhere really. FF7 took me over thirty hours first time through, and from what I've heard from others that's a small amount. But as I say, this might not apply to FF3, and I don't know about Golden Sun (hopfeully I'll be getting it soon).
Tue 20/05/03 at 22:03
Regular
I played all the way through the first Golden Sun.

I was enjoying it and really liked it while it lasted but it was FAR too short and a HUGE let down to find that I'd have to pay again to finish it.
So I never bothered with the second one.
That's the only thing I had against it, even if I'd still have called FF3 a better game.

Although it did copy so much from the Final Fantasy series, I didn't mind this as there's no harm in a good alternative, but there's no way it can be classified as being superior to Final Fantasy 3 in any way other than the graphics.

Maybe FF3's first 3 hours weren't as instantly gripping as Golden Sun's, but once you get into it, the story twists and turns in loads of ways, while Golden Sun is relatively predictable, in that you know you're making your way from light house to light house...

It's still a good game but not worth shelling out twice for.

I can't quite remember how far into FF3 3 hours will get you but perhaps it needs a little longer before it sucks you in...
I know it took a lot longer for the battle system to get into gear, but once it does, it has far more depth and complexity than Golden Sun does.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.