GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Wed 14/05/03 at 09:36
Regular
http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp? channel_id=70&object_id=489327&adtag=network=ign&site= ps2&pagetype=medialist&page_title=Gran+Turismo

If the game even looks half this good it'll be the mutts!!
Thu 15/05/03 at 19:38
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Where did you hear it was entirely online?

Anyway latest info from OPS2 is 100 tracks, 500 cars and 6 players online at a time.
Thu 15/05/03 at 19:09
"period drama"
Well, in a year I suppose online gaming will have taken off big-time.
Thu 15/05/03 at 16:30
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Guess you didn't read the bit I posted below, it's entirely online. Bit of a harsh decision but Sony obviously want to use it to push their network gaming.

I've heard from someone who's played it at the 'behind closed doors' demo at E3 and he reckons it's well ropey at the moment (jerky driving, pop up) but then again it is over a year away from hitting the shelves.
Thu 15/05/03 at 09:30
Regular
"Complete Banker"
As far as I'm aware, there is playable code at E3 and while not finished (By any stretch of the imagination), indications are positive. There are 500 cars (or thereabouts) and a similar number of tracks to previously, although these will be different (I hope they keep some of the classic GT ones!)

The game will not be entirely online, but with a range of online options including racing against upto 6 (or 8 depending on where you look) other players.

Polyphony will have to try hard to make this $hite.....

Still no sign of car damage though :(
Thu 15/05/03 at 07:58
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
500 cars!!! 200 tracks!!!!!!! online play!!!!!!!! I just can't wait
Wed 14/05/03 at 22:29
Oh i see. I'm definately buying it. Got GT3 with my PS2 and still playing it. I wouldnt care if it was an exact clone but with different tracks. When you drive i think you appreciate the game a lot more. Because of the realism.
Wed 14/05/03 at 22:21
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
According to Sony Europe insiders, Gran Turismo 4 will not be playable on the firm’s stand this year, in news that comes as a great shock.

From what we have been told, GT4 will be shown either in video form, or behind closed doors to selected press, as the game just won’t be ready in time.

Other details we can reveal at this time include the fact that again, the game will not feature any car damage, surely a shame in this day and age. Then there’s the fact that this instalment will feature more cars and more manufacturers than any other outing. Touted inclusions are Porsche and Ferrari.

The reasoning behind not showing GT4 code was said to be down to the development team undertaking such a massive game. It was confirmed to us that the game will be entirely online, with all players ranked on experience.

This will mean that, in Gran Turismo mode, you will race against other players of the same, or similar experience, from around the world, as you progress through the game. Cars will be tradeable, and the game will include organised tournament races, as well as the ability to ride with other players, enjoying their in-car views.

Arcade mode will feature a globally ranked league of racers, with drop-in and play chatrooms as a back-end.

And it’s this that has caused the development delay. Gran Turismo 4 is going to be the perfect racer, in every sense, and its scale is proving to be a bit of a problem, at least in terms of delivering a playable version for this May.

Indeed, we have been told that the game is likely to be out in Japan in mid 2004, leaving us to presume that the European version will arrive several months after.
Wed 14/05/03 at 21:38
"period drama"
No buying = I'm not buying it.

By AI I mainly meant the thing where you can never be more than a certian distance in front of the other cars, no matter how good you drive, which is just stoopid.

Damage, yes.
I want damage.
GT needs damage.
Wed 14/05/03 at 21:05
Regular
"  "
Damage would be good, but if they sort out the AI then there would be less collision and not much need for damage.
Wed 14/05/03 at 21:03
Who cares about no damage, i just like watching the replays anyway. Whats this about no buying, i cant be bothered to read so explain. And Fantasy Meister its 200 tracks, not 25, inflate your balloon again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.