GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bah, looks like I backed the wrong console."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/05/03 at 23:10
Regular
Today I decided I was going to buy a GameCube, simply for Mario Kart 2/Mario Golf/the new Rogue Squadron game (you can keep the crappy Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker) when they come out. I'm also considering getting an X-Box for Halo 2.

I spent a fair bit o' cash on my PS2, and while SmackDown SYM and Tony Hawk's 4 are great, it's nothing more than an overpriced DVD player for me. And not a very good one at that. I only own two games, those mentioned and the un-godly pile of stinking horse manure that is Metal Gear Solid 2. I don't want any more games for it, compared to the increasing list I want for the Cube and Box. This sucks. Gotta spend a few hundred on consoles just because I went for the PS2 (against my own judgement) all those months ago.
Thu 15/05/03 at 18:11
Regular
"Festivus!"
Hedfix wrote:
> nope Burnout 2 on the xbox has the original burnout score, exclusive
> car skins and an xbox live scoring system

Wooo

*snores*

i'm not alone because the Tv's on, yeah.
Thu 15/05/03 at 18:09
Regular
"8==="
and the 15 extra levels
Thu 15/05/03 at 18:09
Regular
"8==="
nope Burnout 2 on the xbox has the original burnout score, exclusive car skins and an xbox live scoring system
Thu 15/05/03 at 17:49
Regular
I like PS2 because it has Ico, which is mesmerising, Pro Evolution Soccer, which rules, and besides that, it's the only console I own that can play Bishi Bashi Special.
Thu 15/05/03 at 17:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Hedfix wrote:
> xbox burnout is the best as it full of exclusive extras + 15 more
> crash levels

Only 15 more than the PS2 version. Otherwise, it's the same as the GC version, je crois.
Thu 15/05/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Could you define what you mean by hardcore gamer?
You have used it in a few posts recently backing up the same kind of idea and I just wanted to know what you define 'hardcore gamer' as?
Thu 15/05/03 at 17:29
Regular
"8==="
So far the replies fit my theory that Xbox and gamecube are the hardcore gamers choice. I have to admit when the n64 dried up, I bought a ps1, worst thing ever. smackdown and driver games were very poor. Die hard was good but Acclaim own probe now so all consoles get the good probe ( renamed to 'acclaim salt lake' i think) games.
Thu 15/05/03 at 17:23
Regular
"8==="
Desert storm xbox? i have it, its very good (also the only SR review i've done so far)
Thu 15/05/03 at 17:22
Regular
"8==="
xbox burnout is the best as it full of exclusive extras + 15 more crash levels
Thu 15/05/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Hmmm....."
AliBoy wrote:
> I've got a PS2 and Gamecube and don't regret either of them.
> Play both fairly regularly although exams have meant that I play very
> little at the moment.

-----

Ditto.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.