GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bah, looks like I backed the wrong console."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/05/03 at 23:10
Regular
Today I decided I was going to buy a GameCube, simply for Mario Kart 2/Mario Golf/the new Rogue Squadron game (you can keep the crappy Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker) when they come out. I'm also considering getting an X-Box for Halo 2.

I spent a fair bit o' cash on my PS2, and while SmackDown SYM and Tony Hawk's 4 are great, it's nothing more than an overpriced DVD player for me. And not a very good one at that. I only own two games, those mentioned and the un-godly pile of stinking horse manure that is Metal Gear Solid 2. I don't want any more games for it, compared to the increasing list I want for the Cube and Box. This sucks. Gotta spend a few hundred on consoles just because I went for the PS2 (against my own judgement) all those months ago.
Fri 16/05/03 at 12:02
Regular
Mario Kart: Super Circuit a new Mario Kart game that also has the SNES tracks as bonus unlockable things.
Fri 16/05/03 at 12:01
Regular
Mario Kart: Super Circuit is an entirely new Mario Kart game (or was on release) featuring a blend of elements from the Nintendo 64 and Super Nintendo classics.

That's like saying Zelda 4 doens't count because it was on the original Game Boy, yet if it didn't exist, Majora's Mask would be fairly different.
Fri 16/05/03 at 12:00
Regular
"That's right!"
*slap*

No, because the GBA doesn't count. Unless an entire Mario Kart game was released without my knowledge.
Fri 16/05/03 at 11:59
Regular
Mario Kart 4 actually :D
Fri 16/05/03 at 11:32
Regular
"That's right!"
You got me there, Edgy. Of course, I meant Mario Kart Double Dash. Which would technically be Mario Kart 3.
Fri 16/05/03 at 09:54
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Today I decided I was going to buy a GameCube, simply for Mario Kart
> 2

I didn't realise they were porting Mario Kart 64...
Thu 15/05/03 at 19:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hedfix wrote:
> xbox burnout is the best as it full of exclusive extras + 15 more
> crash levels

I'm pretty sure the GC version has improved graphics/polygon count, the extra levels. Obviously not the Live scoring system.

www.cube-europe.com.

Click on releases. After E3 to be safe.
Thu 15/05/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I'd say I appreciate good things from games, try to avoid all the hype and reviews that surround games and just look out for the things in games that appeal to me. With that being said though I don't live, breathe and sleep games as there is a lot better things out there.

I stick with what pb said quite sometime back about free gamers.
Stick to one console and you could miss out on a lot of great games.

We all know that different games and consoles appeal to different people and that those whith all the consoles or a couple will get to experience a lot better games with those with just one. Which is usually the cause of why so many fanboys come on here and moan.

Stick to playing games you like on the consoles you like, let others do the same and we can all get along.

:-)
Thu 15/05/03 at 18:18
Regular
"8==="
I just read IGN. soory for knowing things you don't.

'i'm not alone because the tv's on, yeah'is from 'salt, sweat, sugar' by Jimmy Eat World

oh and if you find discussing games boring then i guess your in the wrong place
Thu 15/05/03 at 18:13
Regular
"8==="
Someone who appreciates gameplay over showy graphics or a licence i guess. someone who knows most 'cookie cutter' games are liable to be rubbish. someone who could still appreciate doom for what it is. Basically someone who live, breathes and sleeps games.

Sound about right? please amend as needed

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.