GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bah, looks like I backed the wrong console."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/05/03 at 23:10
Regular
Today I decided I was going to buy a GameCube, simply for Mario Kart 2/Mario Golf/the new Rogue Squadron game (you can keep the crappy Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker) when they come out. I'm also considering getting an X-Box for Halo 2.

I spent a fair bit o' cash on my PS2, and while SmackDown SYM and Tony Hawk's 4 are great, it's nothing more than an overpriced DVD player for me. And not a very good one at that. I only own two games, those mentioned and the un-godly pile of stinking horse manure that is Metal Gear Solid 2. I don't want any more games for it, compared to the increasing list I want for the Cube and Box. This sucks. Gotta spend a few hundred on consoles just because I went for the PS2 (against my own judgement) all those months ago.
Sat 17/05/03 at 20:18
Regular
WhatWhat wrote:
> Ps2 is the best and mgs2 is really good

PS2 is the worst, and MGS2 has way too much FMV for my liking. Hence, I don't like it.

NOt to say the PS2 is rubbish...well it is, but some of the games on it are fairly good.
Sat 17/05/03 at 06:26
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Ps2 is the best and mgs2 is really good
Sat 17/05/03 at 02:34
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Fiery Salamander wrote:
> The PS2 sux
>
> Only because it is designed to break around 15 months after it's
> production date.

My PS2 is faulty!!!!!! Its been working for over 20 months now!!!!
Fri 16/05/03 at 23:50
Regular
Fiery Salamander wrote:
> The PS2 sux

Only because it is designed to break around 15 months after it's production date.
Fri 16/05/03 at 22:08
"For the horde!!!!"
The PS2 sux
Fri 16/05/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Festivus!"
2G2 wrote:
> When it comes to playing on my own the cube dosent touch my xbox!!

Yes, it's scared it might get the fattening disease the x-box got.
Fri 16/05/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
I have a game cube and an xbox,the gc is good for group games
(monkey ball 2 rocks)but i was dissapointed with metriod!
When it comes to playing on my own the cube dosent touch my xbox!!
Fri 16/05/03 at 12:07
Regular
I agree with your second point - the games are totally different - but not counting games because they're on a handheld system doesn't make any difference to the order of games. Mario Kart: Double Dash or whatever it is called, is the forth in the series.
Fri 16/05/03 at 12:03
Regular
"That's right!"
I don't count GBA games. The same way I don't think sales for games should have the GBA versions included, since they are obviously NOT the same game. Tony Hawk's on the GBA is the same as the other versions in name alone.
Fri 16/05/03 at 12:02
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Mario Kart: Super Circuit a new Mario Kart game that also has the SNES
> tracks as bonus unlockable things.

Exactly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.